Toribash
Have you tried any canvas painting? Looks good so far
ancient Moderated Message:
you've had the previous signature since 2019, i wonder how long it'll take you to notice this
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
Have you tried any canvas painting? Looks good so far

Do you mean an actual canvas with paint/oils? Yes and no, around 2009-2010 I did some stuff for school with paint and a canvas myself with a waterfall, but it's all old and very bad stuff. Other than that I'm not too interested in that kind of drawing technique.

Ahri

Finally it's done, it took me around 14 hours and in the end I didn't even to the whole 9 tails. I'm quite happy with it, the hardest part has been that shoe, I didn't have a reference for it and I had to come up with something myself without really knowing much about how that kind of shoe folds. Also the perspective didn't help.

Done

Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post

Ahri

Finally it's done, it took me around 14 hours and in the end I didn't even to the whole 9 tails. I'm quite happy with it, the hardest part has been that shoe, I didn't have a reference for it and I had to come up with something myself without really knowing much about how that kind of shoe folds. Also the perspective didn't help.

Done

It doesn’t sound very finished if you’re talking about how there’s stuff you still want to do with it. Why not finish it up and add those remaining details? It seems you made it a bad habit of giving up on things once you put it down
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
It doesn’t sound very finished if you’re talking about how there’s stuff you still want to do with it. Why not finish it up and add those remaining details? It seems you made it a bad habit of giving up on things once you put it down

You mean the extra tails? Not going to lie, I realized how much work it would have taken to make them actually look good, and I went with a simpler approach. I had already reached my main goal with the Ahri figure, that presented multiple challenges and difficult stuff to implement: patterns on the clothes, the shoe, all those folds on the arms, the arm in perspective and the careful placement of skin shadows. All of that on top of some reworks I had to do, for example I had to make the face a bit thinner and since I work with only one layer I had to fix everything around it. At a certain point I just didn't feel like spending another approximate 6 hours doing repetitive patterns on a drawing I was already happy with.

I tend to choose the simpler approach once I have to do stuff that is much less interesting than all the rest of the drawing -> darn tails all over the place <-. That could evolve in a bad habit, if it isn't already, and I'll try to pay more attention to it.

Thanks for pointing it out.
everything looks splendid, nice job!
what you can improve on though is the clavicle area.

clavicles

they pretty much act as a guide on where the shoulders are.

other than that, I really like this piece. keep it up!

ps: try some colors? :-D
Originally Posted by chab View Post
everything looks splendid, nice job!
what you can improve on though is the clavicle area.

clavicles

they pretty much act as a guide on where the shoulders are.

other than that, I really like this piece. keep it up!

I got tricked by the perspective. I knew it wasn't completely right, but I couldn't figure out the problem.

Fixed

Thanks for the tip, looks much better now.

ps: try some colors? :-D

Workplace

The desk in my room. I should probably tidy it up a bit.

No pencil, no construction lines, just a black bic pen. This was quite a challenge, first time I try to do this sort of stuff and it was a lot of fun. I'm aware that there are some perspective mistakes here and there but once done I couldn't delete it.

All in all this was very helpful, I found stuff I didn't see in months while drawing it.

Workplace

Looks good! Has alot going on
ancient Moderated Message:
you've had the previous signature since 2019, i wonder how long it'll take you to notice this