Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
S+I Board Reshuffle Jamberoo Extreme Plus 2.0 :: The Revenge of the S+I board
S+I board is really fuck right now I mean look at this thread huh I bet you forgot about that one already - even though hampa said he was gonna do it like who even knows?? In a nutshell: S+I board needs a rework.

Why:

Jamming all 2 billion ideas into one board is really sub-optimal because it hides a ton of decent information and makes the board tiresome to read through at best - for users and more importantly for devs and staff.

Furthermore, a cleaner system promotes communication and transparency - you can see what has been ignored, if devs are seeing what you're suggesting, whether the relevant staff are actually discussing your ideas for so-and-so board. Rather than SkulFuk appearing and saying 'yeah sounds good' followed by potential radio silence, clearer and more organised communication/action will be observable by everyone involved. Did you guys even know gynx is our community manager? Because he's not that was a myth

How:

S+I becomes its own section (like Clans or Market). Within this section, we get three boards:
  • Game Dev
  • Site Dev
  • Community
Each board has an 'Approved' subforum.

People post ideas in the relevant board, and when an idea is approved for development it is moved from the board into the board's Approved subforum and tagged:
  • [Pending]
  • [InDev]
  • [Implemented] -- should be closed also

I think this is healthier than simple post tagging because things which are pending/indev won't suspiciously disappear off the first page to never be seen again - the lifetime of a suggestion will be far more apparent.
Last edited by Fear; Oct 9, 2016 at 07:07 PM.