Ranking
Original Post
Problems with the new bet server commands
Hi, so since nobody else seems to have made a thread here yet, I guess I'll make one:

First off, minimum raise was an important part of bet servers since it causes people to bet higher (with most having minimum raise of 5k), without a command to set min raise, people are just outbetting eachother by 1tc which is nowhere near as fun. To add to this, you can't increase your sponsor/selfbet if somebody outbets you by 1tc (getting the message 'That player was already sponsored'), so there's no way to get your player ahead of them again

Secondly, if you sponsor a player and the player in question leaves the queue, you don't get your tc back. This is annoying both as the player who does the sponsor (as you lose tc) and the player who is being sponsored (since if someone sponsors you without asking, you can't leave the room before playing or you're wasting their tc, basically trapping you there out of politeness. This is especially hard when people can just outsponsor you by 1tc at a time with no way of getting back in front of them, you can be trapped in the server indefinitely).

I haven't tested this yet, but if I use /sponsor on someone to get them up in queue, with the server taking the tc out of my account instantly, and I then ping before they play, would I get my tc back? I have constant troubles with my internet that make betting hard enough as it is, if I now have to rely on my internet holding up for the whole time it takes them to play (which could take a very very long time - see first point), that's a real turn-off from sponsoring anyone.

Finally, I haven't really seen much of this myself but I hear a lot of players saying that some hosts are now being lazy, just AFKing in the server while the server commands do their job for them while they rake in tc.

Honestly, I know that this addition was made with good intentions, but I feel that it's doing far more damage to bet servers than good. I think the commands should be removed until all the above points have been addressed. If anyone else has had any other issues with the commands feel free to mention them below. Whenever I host bets next I'll definitely deactivate the commands in my server and hope that other hosts start doing the same
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
I agree with this too. Bet servers were completely fine the way they were. The only time anybody was having issues was when the host's didn't know what they're doing and I suppose these commands help but they haven't been done as well as they should have been. I haven't tested the /sponsor command either but it's best if it works like the autobet command but instead for a specific user e.g. /autobet moop 10000. So TC is only taken out at the start of their game, as it would be if you were betting normally.

Also, before we even start trying to improve bet servers commands, we should really deal with how easily these servers can crash. Toxic users who ddos servers have been a lot more frequent recently, betting users are losing TC, host's are wasting their TC on globals and the decapprize and nobody is happy with that. If this command is as broken as moop says, I can imagine a row of sponsors right now and a ddoser coming along and sinking a lot of TC. That sound's like a lot of report's to deal with.
blue
pink
Agreed. I was absent for the actual addition of these commands, however, as a person who frequents bet-servers as a main source of TC income, these problems will literally brake me and anyone else who goes to bet servers for leisure... let alone as a way to constantly make TC. I want to request that these commands be fixed or removed now. They were added with good intentions, but without the proper, or completed testing. (Trust me if they were tested properly or at all, we would not be having this discussion)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...