Ranking
I don't think I'll be able to make this one, although unlim does have my character in possession. Wish I wouldn't miss it but my baseball games just finished and we are still in the 3 hour drive home from the games. On the bright side, we went 3-0 and got the overall one seed in the tornament which starts and ends tomorrow.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

Way to go, Pammy.

Incredible game today. I'm sure a more detailed account will be put up later, but from memory we walked deeper into the forest and encountered two small parties. Two elves and two goblins. The goblins were quickly dispatched and dismembered by Jariath (Aoe) and Gaerim (Flex). After attempting to show non-hostility to the elves (and being charged as a result) Zander Harson (myself) quickly put two bolts into the sword wielding Elf, downing him, and dove out of the way of an arrow shot by the second. Wilhand (De4th) knocked the Elven Archer over with two powerful magic missiles, and procceeded to stab one with two different broken spears, failing to kill him, but rendering him incapacitated none the less. The highly injured Rud Mars (Mpk) went to see what the commotion was, and was greeted by a human rogue. But not the charming, handsome, loveable one... A big meany. Due to the state of his health, Rud was forced to retreat. After snatching the bolts from the Elven Swordsman, Zander shot the Rogue and downed him also. A celestial overseer suggested he could be feigning death, and so Zander swiftly double tapped and put a bolt in the downed Rogue's eye. After which, Zander hid in a tree, because he must once every game. Gaerim listened for any movement, and heard lots of it. She was so concerned by this that she stood stock still for the duration of the details I am about to recount.

Following the sounds that Gae pointed out, Rud went and looked through the trees and was greeted by two rogues, armed to the teeth. Again, he was forced to retreat. Zander tossed Wilhand a Katar (Punching Dagger), to which he took an instant like, and proceeded to go ham on one of the two rogues. Jariath wandered up the trail to where the rest of the party was waiting, and asked a multitude of questions to which no one present really knew the answers. As a result, he wandered through the trees and found Wilhand standing over a corpse. Hoping to save the other Rogue from a similar fate, he said: "Hello! Are you hostile?" and the leather clad man ran away.

It was at this point Jariath shrugged and walked west along the path, straight infront of another rogue, who grinned evilly and whistled.

Zander was minding his own business when he saw a Goblin Warrior heading up the path towards him. He emerged from his tree and snuck around, pouncing on the Goblin and slitting his throat. Hearing a high pitched whistle, he ran west into the forest and emerged onto another path. To his left, was a Rogue harassing the Paladin (Jariath). He quickly took aim and fired, putting a bolt through the back of the Rogue's head. Then there was a flurry of activity, and five throwing knives flew out of the trees. Zander dove out of the way and the knives struck the ground. Jariath spared no time and swung his mighty flails at two Rogues skulking in the trees. The force of his blows knocked them from their perch and both snapped their necks from the impact with the ground. Zander fired his crossbow at two other Rogues, incapacitating them. Six other Rogues made themselves known. One of these men charged Jariath and dodged around him, stabbing him in the back. Another had absolutley terrible aim and ended up killing his comrade. (who stabbed Jariath). The remaining four threw knives also. Jariath was struck superficially by three of these knives and Zander was struck by one in the gut. One of the five remaining men jumped out of his tree, attempting to stab Jariath with an arial attack. Jariath was much too quick, however, and caught the man full force with his flail, knocking him to the ground, immobile. Another attempted to lunge at Zander, however he too evaded the attack.

The four scoundrels were dismayed at the demise of their colleagues, however knew that Jariath was heavily wounded and Zander had taken a critical hit from a knife. They thought they could take the two adventurers. Jariath had other plans. Fuelled by his wounds and his anger at these men, who had most likely killed before, he smote three of them with his flails, killing them almost effortlessly. The last one stood, shocked, and turned to run, only to meet a crossbow bolt fired by Zander, who had been watching the rogue the whole time. The two adventurers exchanged congratulatory but morose words, as Zander had been wounded quite badly and Jariath was resentful of the death that he had caused.

This is a piece of conversation that took place after the battle: Zander has looted all the coins from the dead, as well as a dagger.

Zander Harson: Want any of this? You earned it as much as I did.

Aoe: Jariath was moved a smidgen in his trust for Zander, enough that he simply leaves Harson alone while the bodies are looted.

Zander Harson grimaces slightly due to the pain from his wound.

Jariath O'Rian: "Hm, are you alright?"

Zander Harson: I took a knife...
hurt pretty bad.

Jariath O'Rian: Could you use soap to clean it? I'm fresh out of healing utensils, but at least we could keep it from infecting."

Zander Harson: I've got some soap.
It's pretty deep though.

Jariath O'Rian: "Shame. I'm sorry."

Zander Harson: It's not your problem.

Jariath O'Rian: It's a matter of health of my friend, it is as much my problem as yours."

Zander Harson aims his crossbow at the rogue who injured him and pretends to pull the trigger.

Zander Harson: Twang. Haha.
Any other day and I wouldn't hesitate.

Jariath O'Rian: "Don't scare me like that. You must be feeling better than you seem."

Zander Harson: Hmph. Not really. I've seen too much death today.

Jariath O'Rian: "As have I. We should collect the others and be off."

Zander Harson: So be it.

Aoe: --END--

Good game everyone, can't wait for next week.
-----
Also: Level Four character sheet for Zander Harson.
Attached Files
Zanderharlvl4.txt (955 Bytes, 4 views)
Last edited by Zanderhar; May 26, 2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
Thanks Zander for the summary, and your character sheet. We had a strong start, but throughout the adventure, people were eventually leaving. There was a lot of combat, and confusion, but we still made it. GG everyone who participated, waiting for next week.
My life is made up of unlimited blades.
Alright: ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS (and Mpk) We don't want a repeat of last week with everyone going to bed before the session was over, so please for the love of god go to bed at a decent hour tonight. If I find any of you skulking around on the internet after 12pm (and I will because I wont go to sleep till 6am your time) I will jump on whatever you're doing and... Chastise you. Alot.
Get some sleep gentlemen.
-----
Last edited by Zanderhar; Jun 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
I agree completely Zander, everyone's not getting enough sleep. They're just waiting until the last minute to do so, which is very annoying. So yea, all those participating, if you're not going to sleep a few hours before the game, stock up on caffeine, like death.
-----
That chart completely fits me. XD
Last edited by UnlimitaBlade; Jun 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Last week was an exception. I have plenty of caffeine, sugar, and melodic death metal to keep awake.
Originally Posted by de4th View Post
Last week was an exception. I have plenty of caffeine, sugar, and melodic death metal to keep awake.

You should post on the music thread and share that good stuff with the masses.
-----
20 mins till gametime. Join up everyone.
Last edited by Zanderhar; Jun 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
After purchasing the rings of ability enhancement, I retired to the inn, to replenish my strength, and to prepare for the coming day. After rest, a light meal, and exchanging my prison garb with a more dignified robe (white, as opposed to the more traditional black), I retrieved my weapons. While I am aware that magical artifacts are capable of receiving residual magical energies from nearby magic-users, I do not quite understand how the goblin-made shortbow was remade into a replica of a recognizably elven bow. Such technique, as I understand, is beyond the scope of any human weaponsmith (and indeed, the shopkeeper admits that the shard was the primary determining factor of the end result). The unwieldy, human-forged rapier became a sword which resembled an elven-forged longsword, although I am told that it still functions as a stabbing weapon.

Returning to the inn, I rested for another two hours, before preparing my spells. It is during the process of my reading from the spellbook, and translating the arcane script into the language of "magic" itself, that the voices again make their presence known. I had quite the novel experience with the voices carrying over the emphatic link of my familiar, while casting the framework for my newly-acquired necromantic spells. Immediately following spell preparation, and covering the floor with geometric diagrams and splashes of bright scarlet, I cast Ray of Frost on the remaining hand of the hanged rogue, to create yet another Hand of Glory.

At dawn, I set out towards the city gate, and towards the soon-to-be battle against the undead army.

Spells for the day:
Ray of frost
Flare
Flare
Flare
Touch of fatigue

Silent image
Read magic
Chill touch
Chill touch
Chill touch
Chill touch

Command undead
Command undead
Command undead
Command undead
Blindness/Deafness

The ability scores shown in the txt file includes the the +3 Str, +3 Dex, and +3 Cha rings (two ring limit, with one additional ring on the Hand of Glory). I still need to know the damage for the shard-enhanced weapons.
Attached Files
Thank you very much. Adding stats now.

Slicer(Rapier): 2d6
Silencer(Shortbow): 2d6
I might be hell late for the game thanks to this but i'll do my best to get there. (the place is 3 and a half hours away from my house) if we managed to rectify the 'Zander Harson wants to sell his mace and sickle and buy a rapier' problem please let me know.