Ranking
Dega Midrange

I made it independently before I found the proper name for the W/B/R combination (named after Degavolver, appropriately enough), and I've since included some choices that I've seen from others.

More details about the deck here.

Main board presence:
1 Assemble the Legion
3 Boros Reckoner
2 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
2 Desecration Demon
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Lifegain:
2 Archangel of Thune
2 Blood Baron of Vizkopa
1 Obzedat, Ghost Council
1 Whip of Erebos

Removal:
3 Anger of the Gods
3 Banishing Light
4 Dreadbore
4 Magma Jet
2 Mizzium Mortars

Response against mass removal:
3 Boros Charm

Card acceleration:
2 Underworld Connections

Shock lands:
4 Blood Crypt
4 Godless Shrine
4 Sacred Foundry

Luck manipulation:
2 Temple of Malice
3 Temple of Silence
4 Temple of Triumph

Strictly-best 2+ colour land in standard:
3 Mana Confluence

Sideboard:
1 Deicide
2 Hero's Downfall
1 Rest in Peace
2 Revoke Existence
2 Sin Collector
2 Slaughter Games
3 Thoughtseize
2 Underworld Connections
Last edited by Wight; May 22, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
While there are options aplenty for land destruction, discarding, and mana denial, there is a certain satisfaction to playing counterspells, especially in a casual, 'social' format. In a duel/free-for-all between friendly rivals, rather than sworn enemies, it's only polite that you should ask for permission before attempting to inflict mental trauma upon your fellow planeswalker, or to summon a plane-devouring horror from the space between worlds.

Note that this is a version of the deck which I've rebuilt after losing the first iteration. If you notice any cards that I ought to be using in the deck, do inform me of it. This is, of course, not a strictly competitive deck.

EDH Permission

General:

Details

The strategy is to counter spells, draw cards, take extra turns, and set up a combo to abuse Venser's ability, ending in a complete board sweep.
Last edited by Wight; Jun 1, 2014 at 08:48 PM.