Ranking
This is a serious discussion, Soap! Stop making me LOL!

Anyway, Tool, your counter example doesn't work.
Originally Posted by Toolfree
home to one of the world's richest cities, Dubai

That's one city. Does EVERYONE in country live in that city? No.
The majority of America lives WAY above rest of the world's standard of living. Start with our military as well for starters:

Does that look like the rest of the world is rich? It doesn't to me.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
This is a serious discussion, Soap! Stop making me LOL!

Anyway, Tool, your counter example doesn't work.

That's one city. Does EVERYONE in country live in that city? No.
The majority of America lives WAY above rest of the world's standard of living. Start with our military as well for starters:

Does that look like the rest of the world is rich? It doesn't to me.

The issue with that argument is that America is incredible indebted. So using the argument that we spend more on protection we technically don't even need is kinda a moot point.
If you really look at it, the large majority of America is the same way, as well. Lots of little towns without much money to spend on much of anything. The only point you've technically brought up is that you cannot use ONE city as a guideline to a country's wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I might be retired.
And you're saying that other nations are not leveraged out like America is with immense debt?
No, I'm not saying that other countries aren't struggling with debt (even though America isnt exactly TRYING to resolve their debts), I'm saying that America is easily in the deepest hole. Other countries aren't building an army or doing large projects because they realize they don't need/afford it. And then there's us the good old USA, running around throwing our money into an investment that's ultimately forcing our country into an economic standstill. We dont need this stuff, we just waste it to show that we're the "best," and not to mess with us. And if this rant told you nothing, it's that we're pretty much the opposite.

Actually, the United States is NOT in the "deepest hole" as far as debt concerns go. The US is actually 14th in line.
Actually, the United States is NOT in the "deepest hole" as far as debt concerns go. The US is actually 14th in line.

Okay, okay... I may have overlooked the whole crisis with the euro. A lot of the European nations are struggling with trade because of this attempt at non-localized monetization. However, even with this issue, the US is still fairly unaffected by it.

I would like to bring up capital punishment as well as juvenile convictions as adults.

Should capital punishment still be allowed in the United States?
Bear in mind that the US is the ONLY nation in the world still practicing capital punishment. My take is somewhat conservative in viewpoints despite the fact that I am a hardcore liberal Democrat. I believe that capital punishment should be used on all inmates incarcerated for life sentences. More money is spent on one prisoner per year than it takes to send a student to Stanford. This would mean a large cut on the cost of housing inmates that are otherwise just taking up unneeded space.

Should juveniles that have committed heinous crimes be convicted as adults?
My viewpoint on this topic is a bit more liberal, however. I believe that juveniles do not yet have the cogitative development to comprehend their actions and therefore should not have to face adult-like consequences.

Any opinions?

Yes. I have Opinions on this.

Capital Punishment Should be allowed, everywhere. Honest to god, If you murder someone with malicious intent, you deserve to be killed yourself, providing that it wasn't an extraneous circumstance. There are always gonna be exceptions, and those need to be figured out, but damn.

I think juveniles are capable of reasoning as adults from the age of 15 on. They should be tried as such anytime after that age.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by TempIar View Post
Yes. I have Opinions on this.

Capital Punishment Should be allowed, everywhere. Honest to god, If you murder someone with malicious intent, you deserve to be killed yourself, providing that it wasn't an extraneous circumstance. There are always gonna be exceptions, and those need to be figured out, but damn.

I think juveniles are capable of reasoning as adults from the age of 15 on. They should be tried as such anytime after that age.

There's a large gray area on that issue actually. This is concerning your second statement. There's a problem judging 16 through 17 year olds because even some of them aren't even mature enough to realize what they're doing is wrong. There has to be a way to filter them I think.
Originally Posted by TempIar View Post
If you murder someone with malicious intent, you deserve to be killed yourself, providing that it wasn't an extraneous circumstance. There are always gonna be exceptions, and those need to be figured out, but damn.

I don't think there will ever be a workable set of criteria with which to justify killing someone, provided that you've a moral issue here. If you've some way of justifying the possible murder of innocent people (or those with extraneous circumstances), for a practice which does not actually provide a "fair" outcome for anyone, let me know.

In terms of practicality, I agree that capital punishment should be allowed, and in fact, encouraged, everywhere. It is necessary, not as a "fair" punishment (as, again, it doesn't solve any moral/ethical problems), but due to the fact that the resources used to keep prisoners alive would be better used for other purposes. Similarly, the waiting time on death row should be shortened, by simplifying the appeals procedure. Some would agree that it is much more cruel to subject someone to the experience of being on death row rather than killing them.
Last edited by Wight; Jan 15, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
There's a large gray area on that issue actually. This is concerning your second statement. There's a problem judging 16 through 17 year olds because even some of them aren't even mature enough to realize what they're doing is wrong. There has to be a way to filter them I think.

If at 16-17 you aren't mature enough to realize that murder is wrong, then you aren't the kind of person that I want in my country. As long as they are proven to be sane, then you should not be tried as a minor. No exceptions.
my clan was deleted