ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Anno 1404
This is one of the few times i've been really getting into a game besideToribash.

Always Loved the Anno games ( or A.D as they were called in the US and the UK ) and this release certainly exceeds its ancestors in complexity.

Anno 1404 is basicly a strategy game that is focusing on building settlements and supplying your loyal dudes with everything they need. As you proceed you will need to supply them with all sorts of fancy goods that they think they must have. >_>
Rather friendly game. Of course you can wage war upon your opponents ( only computer enemies tho..no multiplayer..and it doesnt need one. )
but thats merely a small side note that adds to the top notch simulation of building the city you always dreamed of.

Here's a few screenshots and an official Review.

Review here.

damn it looks awesome too..

water animation at its best <3

Discuss.
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
Nice, adding it to the discussion list. ;)
Yeah, i'm the Boxman
<~ishi> damnit ishi where are you.
I got it 2 days ago and it's pretty awesome and very addictive. It's the first Anno-game I've played so it was pretty hard in the beginning to balance the economy and such, but I'm getting the hang of it now and will probably waste many hours on it.
Hmm, it looks alot like Black&White 2.
Yeah, i'm the Boxman
<~ishi> damnit ishi where are you.
Originally Posted by Esse View Post
I got it 2 days ago and it's pretty awesome and very addictive. It's the first Anno-game I've played so it was pretty hard in the beginning to balance the economy and such, but I'm getting the hang of it now and will probably waste many hours on it.

haha yea, i've played all the others with passion..and i got a hold of this 2-3 days ago too...already wasted 16 hours on it >_>
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png