Toribash
Will the community ever die? Not on its own.

Will the game ever die? Yes, the day Hampa decides that maintaining the game outweighs the game's revenue.

I feel like most of you are picturing the game's death as the lack of users coming in and constantly posting, as if the lights will slowly dim out before it's finally declared dead. That's not necessarily true; in fact, I do believe that the community is personally connected enough to survive well after Toribash is no longer a thing. That said, I can't imagine Toribash being a very lucrative business, maybe it's enough to pay itself with a little profit on top but I wouldn't know for sure. I'd pull the plug at the first sign of losing money.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
The development of the game will eventually die one day, that's entirely true. What I basically said is that it'll never truly die. I'm betting there's still going to be a couple people who are going to keep making replays and checking to see if anyone goes in-game or on the forums after hampa stops development.
I personally wouldn't pull the plug at the sign of losing a little money. If it were a large amount then yes, little amounts no. Too many people would lose a part of their lives. Either way I doubt development costs will outrise profit ever. A lot of people still buy boosters, Tp, VIP e.t.c. those provide a steady flow of income. Provided hampa doesn't go on a shopping spree and spend loads of money on useless crap(aquarium table) then I don't see Toribash; the development, in-game or forums dying out for years.
Also chances are most people would try to keep the forums and in-game play running as long as they can. I know I would.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Hopefully toribash stays alive. We don't want like one person alone without anyone to play with and no servers on just being deserted like the barren Wastelands out there.
Originally Posted by udw0lf View Post
Hopefully toribash stays alive. We don't want like one person alone without anyone to play with and no servers on just being deserted like the barren Wastelands out there.

I don't believe that will happen, but I know that I will always remain forum active, and if someone wanted to, I would play a game online with them.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by snake View Post
toribash was abandoned by devs long time ago. relax. the only people who pick up this game are people who can't play any other game.

Your right, when I got my computer i had a hard drive full of games that didn't work online, i tried all of them and i was sad they didn't work so I played toribash and hated it, then i got good at it because its the only online game that worked for me.
How long do I think it'll stay alive?
Probably until the majority of the fan-base moves on to another game, or doesn't have fun with the "unique" and "creative" gameplay, and will soon turn back to the small community it used to be back then.
Personally, I don't go on the game much, I just go on the forums to see what stupid crap players are posting.
Click Here To Learn MMA today!
If there is effort, there is always accomplishment. - Jigoro Kano
Idk how much is the cost of Toribash servers, but as long they are sustained by game income game will live.
Well TORIBASH is KINDA getting popular
its summer and ppl not playin toribash hmmm (thats why i said KINDA)
getting popular in players or are they just farmers?
I think the problem with toribash that really makes it hard to prosper its thats its not really accessible for new players.
yeah, there is a tutorial but its limited to the gameplay. the game does not really explane its self. At the start you dont know really what the game rules do, the shaders, the mods etc. You need to work and look things up in the internet to find out how the player positioning works, why the -9.81 grav. in game is not the grav. from earth.
For example: there are so many mods but the are not organised by topic but by the name, its kind of messed up.
Again, you have to work in order to get the hole package. You have to go to the forum and ask question. And again the forum is another obstacle for poeple to get the hole game.
First of all its in english. But this game is played mostly in non english speaking countries, so all the russians, chinies and all the poeple from south america have to work even harder to get what this game has to offer and they make up most poeple playing it.
And then is the forum full of rules you have to follow or you get banned very quickly. That can seam to noobs a bit strict and not really welcoming.

So to answer your question: nevertheless this game will live as long as its makes money like 80JNP has writen. But in order to get more people playin it its has to become more user friendly.
Last edited by husshodn; May 3, 2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: my english