Toribash
Original Post
How do you do the forced elbow bend trick?
I mostly play Judo, and I'm pretty advanced, being a black belt. I'm not the best, and one trick that always gets me is when people magically force my elbow to remain bent in a grab trade and force it to the ground despite the joint being set to extend. If someone could explain how that works and how to counter it, that would be nice.

*Note: I am aware of the trick to allow your elbow to extend more easily in a grab trade, which is to contract your wrist, however, when an experienced player uses the elbow bend trick, this does not work, nor does anything else I try.

*Edit: this mostly happens in JudoFrac because in regular Judo, something will usually break.
Last edited by ThatNnja; Jun 19, 2015 at 08:50 PM.
Try lowering the shoulder and playing with the rest of the joints.

The elbow lock is hard to get out of and is a finisher against many "pro"-players as well
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Its all in the wrists, if they have your elbow bent, your wrist is most likely extended, if you contract it, it gives it room to extend

viola
-----
Edit: If they have their pec extended, then its a diff situation, try flipping your pecs (if you can), extend elbow, contract wrist, ungrab if needed (Sometimes ungrabbing will give you room to extend (Unless you're the one grabbing then you will completely ungrab and have a free arm))
Last edited by Habits; Jun 19, 2015 at 07:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
GOLF WANG
Unity is recruiting! Click here to apply!
judo is for scrubs, switch to judofrac but it won't make much of a difference

Originally Posted by ThatNnja View Post
I'm pretty advanced, being a black belt.

lol

you can't move your elbow if it's being grabbed by the opponent. probably best option would be to have a safer opener. snap kicks with claps are very common and are generally safe. if you're playing regular judo, a splitgrab opener is very powerful and fast.
In judo grab trades, the elbow is restricted totally if your wrist is extended. You could either contract your wrist to gain immediate control of your elbow, or you could hold your wrist to let both the elbow and wrist move freely to the opponent's will.
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
judo is for scrubs, switch to judofrac but it won't make much of a difference

lol

you can't move your elbow if it's being grabbed by the opponent. probably best option would be to have a safer opener. snap kicks with claps are very common and are generally safe. if you're playing regular judo, a splitgrab opener is very powerful and fast.

Your only a 3rd Dan, and I could probably beat you in a duel. And it is not an elbow grab, it is a hand grab trade where my opponent puts pressure on my elbow, forcing it to be bent.
start the grab with a semi contracted elbow (relaxed) and a contracted wrist, so you have the inside grab, when you want to bend their elbow, extend your elbow and your wrist. Playing with your pec will also improve the outcome.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Your only a 3rd Dan, and I could probably beat you in a duel.

>belts matter
by the way i'm a singleplayer dude

And it is not an elbow grab, it is a hand grab trade where my opponent puts pressure on my elbow, forcing it to be bent.

i'd deduce that your opponent is putting too much weight on the side of the grab. if you are unable to shift your body, which doesn't really happen that much in judo (at least last time i played) because of the low gravity, then try going on the offensive, like Day said.