Toribash
Original Post
Clearing the ban list
maybe clear all the bans that will thever expire and just leave the bans that have not expired yet

For example page 501 is a mass ban
All massbans are cleared but obviously still active

Page 1 there are a few bans that havnt expired leave them nd delete the never expiring ones
Do you know what permaban is and what is its purpose?
Unless you want to make them only not show up in the list which is quite pointless, it's way easier to keep track of bans if all of them are visible.
Last edited by Scorpio; Jan 30, 2016 at 06:31 PM.
I meant just to make them not visible coz there pretty pointless ssince they dont expire
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
I meant just to make them not visible coz there pretty pointless ssince they dont expire

Permanent bans are often not permanent at all; ban appeals exist, and if it's a compromised account, the owner is expected to be unbanned.

The ban list is there for documentation, I don't see the point in excluding the permanent bans from the list, they're still bans.
BAD LUCK
That is true you have a point but what about that mass ban on june the 9th 2011 it will always be there and i love to look through bans to find interesting cases and that just slows me down
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
That is true you have a point but what about that mass ban on june the 9th 2011 it will always be there and i love to look through bans to find interesting cases and that just slows me down

So, why would they make all bans disappear if they're older, just because you want to go through and see why people were banned? Seems kind of pointless.

For your little, "issue", this is where the suggestion a while back of putting the reasoning for being banned on the account, and how long it is comes in handy. So people aren't constantly asking "why's so and so banned" "what did so and so do" "when will it expire?" etc etc.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Jan 30, 2016 at 08:32 PM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
The only thing I can think of for this is to have separate only one list. That list would be for permanent bans. Temporary bans could just be listed on the banned person's account.

I disagree with the original suggestion, though. Documentation is important, the entertainment value you get out of looking at bans is secondary.
Boerhae, making a glorious return!
ban list isn't up there for your own entertainment, this little change isn't improving anything.