Toribash
Original Post
Tinta e3works pen & graphics tablet?
I just received my Tinta e3works pen & graphics tablet in the mail today. I went to go and put it on my computer but it didn't turn on or something? I read threw the directions and it said to install the device to my computer before using the disk, and I installed it. I have a redish/orange light in the top left corner, I think it's the power.
They then said to tap the pad with the pen I got with it to turn it on. When I did it, nothing happened. The color didn't change, and I'm not sure if it was supposed to change or not. And on top of all of it, the pen doesn't make the cursor move, like it said it was supposed to.
Now when I put the CD in the download it, it gives me a error message it asks what language and I click English. It then sort of freezes up and opens up a whole different thing,
It says this:

"This version of the USB Tablet Driver software has not been digitally signed for Windows XP. It cannot be installed until the device is attached and recognized by Windows. Please click OK to exit Setup, then connect your device.

If you are using the USB port, wait for Windows to install it's own driver, then run Setup again to complete the installation.

If you are using the Serial port, restart the system, then wait for Windows to prompt you for the driver disk."

When I went over everything, it has been installed, it says it was successfully installed and ready for use. And it was in the USB drive when I went to install it, so I don't know why it's not working. I don't understand what went wrong, and there is no troubleshoot in the booklet. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this fixed? I really want to get this fixed so I can draw some art with the tablet.
Call the support number for the product and use their forums / other communications mediums. The warranty info should have some number to call for support.

Sorry but Toribash isn't a support forum, all we can do is speculate and discuss.
Their is no support number, or a warranty card with troubleshoot on it, the booklet doesn't have anything in it.
It's why I came here. There has to be someone who has had a tablet that had a similar problem. If I had I number to call, or somewhere to check, I wouldn't have come here in the first place.
Ok, as someone who used many graphic tablets I can give you some tips.

All that bullshit about 'not signed by Microsoft' etc, you just skip by saying 'yes, install anyway'.

As to how to properly install tablet, the best way is to install all drivers that came with it, then attach the tablet. Never attach tablet then install the drivers.

Also, sometimes, tablets are acting strange with different USB ports on your computer. For instance: I have 6 USB ports on my computer, but my Genius tablet only work on the one placed on the front mask of my computer (don't ask why, it just act that way).

So, I recommend this: uninstall tablet drivers and detach your tablet, then reset your computer. Then, power on, install tablet drivers and attach your tablet. try like that. If it 's still giving u problems, then reset computer again leaving your tablet attached and the moment you enter windows touch it with the pen and see does it work.

If again it doesn't, try some other USB port. Try every port. Some tablets even make a fuss with your mouse. If the mouse is connected on the USB port, they tend to 'fight' for privileges how's gonna move cursor on the screen (so your cursor start spinning like crazy all over the screen, I even experienced those, so I had to buy USB-to-standard mouse-port extension that you just plug at the end of your USB of your mouse).

Try all of this. Tablets are sometimes 'peculiar'.
When I read threw the directions, it said to attach the tablet first? Something about having it install it on the computer, and if it doesn't work then use the CD.
But it doesn't ask to install it, it just does it when I plus it in, so I don't have to hit anything.

I also wanted to uninstall it, but I couldn't find it in my program list? I don't have any idea where it's at. I was guessing it had something to do with the fact it was a USB plug in(Like my mouse) It didn't really download anything onto the computer. It just connects it to it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to download or not? Regardless, I know it connected to my computer, because the light turns on.
Do you know where I can look to uninstall it..? If I could do that, I would try it all over again, but I can't find it.
Ok. Tablet, if it's installed correctly is in tab All programs, probably under same name as the name of your tablet. If for some reason you can't find it there, then do this stuff:

right click on your My Computer
chose Properties
then click on tab Hardware, then on Device Manager
scroll down and find Tablet pointing devices
Then you can try 2 things:
- right click on it and choose 'scan for hardware changes' to try to see can your system find your tablet and install drivers for it automatically

or

- left click on it, then right click on the name of your device and choose uninstall, then reset your computer and do the install like I told u

Also, can you please write me the full name of your tablet, size and all you can muster, so I can check online what kind of tablet it is exactly.
-----
This it it right?

It's very cheap for a graphic tablet so that's a first sign something is shitty about it XD, but ok, i'll check the web about reviews about this product and see did other users had same experience with it.
-----
Ok, now one stupid question: Did you put AAA battery into pen? XD
-----
You'r tablet might be plug&play (u just plug it and windows finds automatically drivers for it), but in most cases it doesn't work like that. Tablets use their own USB drivers which sometimes conflicts with mouse USB drivers. SO, its bets to use CD that came with your tablet.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 4, 2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yes, that's exactly the one, my grandma thought it looked cool so she got it for me. I had no say, I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it was that.
Also, we got a AAAA Battery for it lol. Special type of battery, needs to be special ordered everywhere. We couldn't find a place for it. And it looks like the battery we got with it was fucking corroded. I'm sort of guessing that, that might be the problem. We went and ordered it yesterday, should be here tomorrow. Hopefully a new battery will make it work

And it told me only to use the CD if it wouldn't install on the computer, which it did install right away. So all in all, I'm thinking it had something to do with that stupid battery.. When I get it tomorrow, if it doesn't work I'll say something.

------

Also, I went to the Device manager. I couldn't find it in there. Not sure if I should have it plugged in and look for it or not? But if it was supposed to download and leave it on my computer, it didn't. I'll just see what happens tomorrow with the batteries we get. I'm just hoping that it's that.. >_>
Battery goes into pen. Something like this:

Tablets takes power from your computer through the USB port, while pen works like any cordless mouse, with battery inside. Idk why is that battery so special type, since all tablet pens use those AAA batteries that you can buy everywhere, almost in every store.
From your posts I see this is your first time getting a tablet. XD
Yes it is haha. I use them at the campus for some of my classes but I never had one at my house. And when we looked at the package, it said they needed AAAA, not AAA. I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty lost right now