Toribash
Original Post
Duels items put off!
what i mean is to make duels like this:
like i say
/duel item 128x128 Head texture
and the winner of the duel take it
and the match dont start unless 2 sides agree if they do they cant take it back!
this will lower 50% of scam reports of duels!
INB4 14 days ban
supported.

i do not duel as i have dicky internet and i ping a lot, but if someone is willing to put their items into a duel, they must know the risks otherwise. all duels rely somewhat on trust, especially when the rewards are to be transferred afterwards; so the items placed as a reward must be taken from the player giving, and when a new match starts (e.g. someone pings or quits while playing, or the match is won) then the items are given to the player which has stayed on (not sure if pings add to win streaks).

if someone does legitimately ping during a match, then thats just tough luck unfortunately, they knew and took the risks of duelling. if someone pings too often during matches they are playing, then the admins should review scam reports and screenshots and decide whether to put them on a duelling blacklist, stopping them from using the specific duel command they are said to be scamming on (whether it be /duel or /itemduel) plus a financial or item penalty like clearing their inventory and tc and (very maybe) returning items to the players scammed. reports would have to number at least from 5 different sources with 5 different pieces of visual evidence (to largely reduce the simplicity of making 5 alts and using the same picture). evidence must include the full chat at the time (press TAB i think?)
Last edited by ch4llt; Jan 20, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
'David will do what David does. Love it or ask for a refund' ~Korban3, Overgrowth Secret Preorder Forum
An item duel system?
Maybe we could have a system similiar to the clan war system. once you set this game up toribash itself records what the stakes were and records who won and who lost, including the score (as in 4-2 and etc) during the game. It would keep the items seperate from your account (similiar to the safetrade system) and this would help keep scams down as well. It would keep the normal rules of the duels of course. I'm not trying to think too far ahead becuase I know it still has some problems but I wanted to hear some feedback before I forgot about everything
Last edited by jclark; May 26, 2014 at 05:15 AM.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Now that would be an interesting idea. A little twist on the duel system. Stakes are higher than normal.
~Pretty much supported
ahoy, mother fuck
Bump, I think more people should respond to this.
why the hurry?
u made this idea yesterday.......
i made an idea like this in the past
the main questions:
what will happen someone who ping?
INB4 14 days ban
There is no hurry, just looking for any flaws in this idea. Anyway if somebody should ping tb would record it as a loss. Now that i think about it, people should be able to set a max amount of days/minutes/hours to complete the duel unil its registered as a win for the opposing player.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=391061

3) Google your suggestion
If you know that somebody has already suggested your suggestion/idea, please rather post in that thread rather than making a new one, if you make a new thread, it will be moved to an suggestion/idea.
(Tip; You can restrict your search to a specific page by typing "site:forum.toribash.com" into the Google search box. Or just use this link.

Moved.
Hosted >3000 events b4 you even was born.
MY SUPER ART SHOP IS OPEN AGAIN
Maybe you could have a seperate inv called a Dueling Inventory and you can only duel items from that section?
Fish made this, i mean the war system is exactly what u are looking for.
Set game to forst to 3 wins, for example, bouth upload items in the system, accept if agree and there u have it.
If u ping u loose 1 point.

But what happens if somedy leaves the duel because he dosen't want to loose, and the items get stuck there, until they fight again... That idk how can be fixed.
U guys think of solutions.
Or just duel the old fashion way and take screenahots at all times to support an eventual scam report...