Toribash
Original Post
Alternative victory conditions
So far there are two: win by accumulating more points at the end, or have the opponent DQ. I think it'd be nice if you could use commands (or mod file) to substitute some other conditions instead. For example, dismembering or fracturing your opponent, or being the first to reach X amount of points. Such victory conditions would make running or point-holding useless, since you won't be able to win unless you meet one of the conditions. If the timer runs out before that happens, it'll count as a draw.
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 21, 2015 at 12:24 AM.
Would be nice to get added, probably would become an option of flags when it's made.

You can also win in some mods by touching a green ball already.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I'm not sure how the shaolin soccer mod was made, but you won there by scoring.

Smallbowl, many mods already work like that, such as gtdunkcontest4.tbm, once you dunk, your enemy gets dq'd and you win. But odlov went a bit deeper than what these mods are currently doing.

I think this would be a very interesting option to add, would definitely raise the ammount of possibilities for mods. For instance, a mod in which your oponent instantly loses when decapped would be very nice indeed.
:^)
I can't see that type of victory condition being more difficult to code than the other mods mentioned, and it would be nice to have some different victory conditions.

Supported
Better if they'd

- Set up static servers for those alternative victory conditions.

- Min belt would be black belt or 2nd dan black belt.

- Instead of winning 10, you win more than 10 tc (depends on the difficulty) you'd get less than 1000 tc or 500 tc though because people might abuse, lmaooo...

- Maybe set up another static server for 5th dans/10th dans and above with higher rewards.
er..
I can see this being abused
if there is no frame limit nothing is stopping someone from just sitting in the other corner of the ring not going for dms/fracs and staying away for ever because of the no frame limit.
if that was somehow avoided this idea would be great.
Originally Posted by imaslayaa View Post
er..
I can see this being abused
if there is no frame limit nothing is stopping someone from just sitting in the other corner of the ring not going for dms/fracs and staying away for ever because of the no frame limit.
if that was somehow avoided this idea would be great.

What would they have to gain? There is already nothing stopping people from forcing a draw in many mods by running away.
what if u fracture both wrists lmao and then ur neck fractures thats like a insta win if you have moves that just fracture 3 joints
Originally Posted by -Demon View Post
what if u fracture both wrists lmao and then ur neck fractures thats like a insta win if you have moves that just fracture 3 joints

Then just be careful not to self-fracture when playing a mod where fracturing three joints counts as a loss. I suggest that such conditions be optional, so you could still play mods with traditional points/DQ victories if you prefer those.