ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Which graphic card should i buy.
I'm going to build my pc with around 1000 dollars , I would like to know which graphic card should i buy , to get the best performances , at the best price.
maximum price i can spend: 250 dollars
250:
if you want to play in dx11 you have to get nvidia 300 or 400 series
if you want only dx10:
nvidia gtx 280
evga gtx 260 core 216
if you want cheap but powerfull card go for:
nvidia 9600gt (1gb ddr3 from gainward or 512mb from Asus) with a good processor you can handle all games maxed dx10 graphics at 1440x900 res, crysis you can handle dx10 maxed (without mods) at 1280x1024 +/-
or go for
Asus Nvidia GTS250 DK 512mb or 1gb

yes i only posted nvidia card because i like the nvidia physicx =/
but if you want ati
go for Ati HD 4890
or up
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm
Can't really recommend the 400's till they get stuff in midrange and maybe more efficient, since the ati's can overclock more. (unless you wanna sli, but at that price, does it really matter?)

the 5830 has my vote too. Dunno if there are any 5850's close to 250 though, since those are VERY good for the money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
extremerun you need to update yourself. ATI got the upper-hand for 2 years now. Unmatched when it comes to Price vs Performance.

My suggestion: ATI Radeon HD5830 too... If you can't give a bit more for a HD5850...
Last edited by GenkiSudo; May 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
extremerun you need to update yourself. ATI got the upper-hand for 2 years now. Unmatched when it comes to Price vs Performance.

My suggestion: ATI Radeon HD5830 too... If you can't give a bit more for a HD5850...

^ get ATI Radeon hd5830 i will get one once i get money for a gaming pc
Just checked, 5850 is mostly around $300. Nothing low on ebay either. At least there isn't horrendous markup. It's very nice though, since once overclocked, you can get 5870's stock performance, and they do overclock well.

The 5830 is priced right in between the 5770 and the 5850, but is a bit closer to the 5770 in performance from what I've read (take with a grain of salt since I've mostly been looking at the $300+ cards).

Also, if GTA is your main game, you should definitely NOT skimp on the cpu. Since the game utilized the cpu so much on the xbox due to its poor video card, the unoptimized port does the same with the computer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/26658/

if these specs are accurate, the gtx 465 may be a good fit. Probably won't be as good as the 5850, but hopefully better than the 5830. If the sli scaling and antialiasing power is as good as it's bigger brothers, this card might be a good one for you. Plus, rumored to be RIGHT at $250.

June 1st is only 10 more days away, so it can't hurt to wait. And it if is good, ati might just do some price cuts too, since they are preparing for a refresh themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]