Toribash
Original Post
can we do something about the fuckawful toribash FB page?
it reads and functions like a fan page. there are no posts about events or actually important relevant things to the game.

instead, it's entirely links to lets play videos (presumably by the page admins) with entirely inappropriate and unprofessional captions. and absolutely nothing fucking else.

the admin consistently refers to himself in the first person, completely diminishing the fact that the page is about the game, not about the admin.

there is exactly 0 relevant information to any patch updates, news, or events of any kind. who the fuck greenlit this? 30,000 people like this page, and facebook is a huge entryway into new media for the uninitiated -- so when someone clicks on the Toribash page, i can guarantee that they probably won't be allured by the rape jokes and LP shilling. where are your heads at.
It is a bit of an eyesore, and a valuable tool that's going pretty much to waste.

Who actually runs the page?
I'm unsure who runs that page.

If anything though, this would be more suited for suggestions and ideas. Moved.

edit: Skulfuk runs the page guys
Last edited by Link; Apr 28, 2016 at 03:28 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Yea went a looked at the page... its sucks...

When most of your content on the page is MOFF trying to spotlight mods, even though they don't know how to actually play toribash, then you might have a problem.

Well at least it has some Concon on it.... because thats "great content".

Would much rather see the page focus on actual toribash information and videos about toribash that are actually good...
Like some of the edits in the art section.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Yea went a looked at the page... its sucks...

When most of your content on the page is MOFF trying to spotlight mods, even though they don't know how to actually play toribash, then you might have a problem.

Well at least it has some Concon on it.... because thats "great content".

Would much rather see the page focus on actual toribash information and videos about toribash that are actually good...

Yeah it's odd we don't even see any Mocucha or Matarika on there.. plus most of the page's own "videos" either don't work or are ugly filmed screens back from the wii era lel.

Toribash needs a renewed playerbase and a decent fb page seems like it should help towards that goal, not detriment it.
Toribash could just create a new staff group, a volunteer PR group.

They could be in charge of managing things like the facebook page and what not.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Why do I get the feeling I'm getting thrown under the bus...

Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
there is exactly 0 relevant information to any patch updates, news, or events of any kind. who the fuck greenlit this? 30,000 people like this page blah blah blah

You didn't look very far, however the people who do put that info on there rarely do so.

Also over 25k of that "30k" (it's actually 29.6k) are since the abandoned page was taken over and made use of. Previously it only had ~3k and had been sat unused for years. Other stuff covered further in the post.

Originally Posted by Link View Post
edit: Skulfuk runs the page guys

One of several people, however I've been the only constant since it was retrieved.

Yay, something constructive.

As I said, I'm one of several people on there though I tend to wind up with community content in my inbox for it more than anything... Which these days is more or less 100% MOFF since Concon decided to pretty much leave TB.

I've also told people more times than I can be arsed looking back at to PM me with things for it, and for a while they did, hence why if you look back over the years you'll find edits etc.

Same applies to events, TBH I got pissed off telling GM (or ES for the pedantic) to hand over banners and event info prior to launching so they could be announced on there... Pretty sure I don't need to say how that turned out.

As for info, there's others that are supposed to do that - people who get that info direct from devs as it's happening, and sometimes it happens... Sometimes. Last one being the 9th Feb for 5.0 beta.
Can't blame me for that one, I aint the dev liaison.

Toribash could just create a new staff group, a volunteer PR group.

They could be in charge of managing things like the facebook page and what not.

URGH. URGH!

I can get away with doing that because it's actually happened several times. Did you noticed when it did? Thought not.

We've also had so called "social media experts" that I'm betting you also can't spot without a hint (the hint being they did literally fuck all because apparently that's how to win at social media).
Yeah we went down that road a few times, and nothing came from it.

Personally I'd rather people put forward their videos, that events and things were announced as they happened, and that client updates got put on there every time they happen with info on them... Or maybe even have pre-release info again (game devs are too tight lipped these days sadly).
Hell even forged stuff should be on there as it happens.

Alas all official resources got pushed towards Steam, FB is merely the domain of volunteers now.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Also over 25k of that "30k" (it's actually 29.6k) are since the abandoned page was taken over and made use of. Previously it only had ~3k and had been sat unused for years. Other stuff covered further in the post.

Well there's like 4.5m registered accounts on the forum, so 30k is nothing really. I mean if you made a meme page you can get 30k in a month or so... (and tbh looks like your reach is like 5..........)

Why not just have someone trawl the forum banner thread and repost event info to the fb page, and trawl news and repost anything good (eg "omg new 3d item!!1" except don't make it sound like a 12y/o posting), and stop posting so much videos unless they really are good.

Just get someone to do it, it's not so hard that you need a Social Media Community Engineering Guru.
Last edited by GnilRettemHC; Apr 30, 2016 at 10:23 AM.
well can you guys at least make sure the """"""volunteers""""" stop spewing tasteless jokes and irrelevant personal anecdotes
skulfuk posted every edit ive requested him to post via pm. help him help you by sharing videos with him. he's got a lot on his plate more important imo than a facebook page.

have content creators caption their own content (in moderation)
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up