Toribash
Original Post
[VID] Matarika's New Videos & 1k Subs!

Hey i've been avoiding the forums for a little bit, just so i could rapid fire some videos out on Youtube that have been sitting around for a while.
Also i'd like to thank the community for supporting me to 1k Subscribers, it hasn't been easy trying to keep up with video making, but i'm glad i did, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the future of the channel! I hope to keep making stuff like Wou, bringing new concepts and effects and stories to the game for the enjoyment of who ever as well as myself.

Anyway here they are...

TRICKING CAN BE HEAVENLY

*Warning don't watch video if your going to bitch about all the corking*

Anyway TCBB is back for a 5th time. Called Tricking can be heavenly, enjoy the replays from the tricking community! Until next year!

SMOFO by Matarika

*Dat Ass*

A little replay edit thing i did today to clear out some tricking replays i've had lying around. Replays by Me.

Breathe by Matarika

Idk why the thumbnail isn't showing (if you can't see it) but anyway this was a little edit i did one night i was bored (last night). I also purposely but the bars on the side, just for something 'different' idk. Replays by Marrez, Tsuion, and Combatbot enjoy.

Also I tried out a popularly suggested tip i usually get (but never tried yet) for you whinny ones who say i never take criticism lol anyway I dabbled in the screen pumps, what i believe i did wrong in this area is they were maybe a bit too subtle? Idk, felt like it could have been "pumpier" but i like the effect, might use it more in future short edits like this one.

I also think the motion blur could'a been turned up a little more.

Wou Episode 8 Trailer: Power

for you wou fans, here's the trailer for the upcoming 3 part finale to the WOU season 1 if you haven't already seen it. It introduces some more magical elements that maybe might be coming to the Wou universe in the future? Who knows. Enjoy, and look out for the 3 episodes this spring!
Last edited by matarika; Mar 13, 2016 at 02:53 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
thanks for the useful CNC `_`

(and btw Better is relative)
Last edited by matarika; Mar 13, 2016 at 03:31 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Absolutely terrible velocity, your velo looks exactly the same no matter what song you use, whatever mood you're trying to set, and the best part is, you're going to keep doing it. Going from 0-3000% is flat out bad, and it just zooms through half of the replay. Havu did a great job showing how big the gap between fast/slow it should be, and go figure, everyone loved it.

Imo: you should work on your velocity a lot if all you're going to do with your channel is showcase replays, rather than playing them super fast.
i'll see waht i can do
Spectator's POV (CNC):

Like Tyzi was saying everything indeed feels the same for replay showcasing absolutely everything, seems as though the videos you do you just make them different colors with a different and slightly edit the way the camera moves through the replays rather than making a theme for the videos. Other than that you're kinda the only hope for showcasing because of your growing popularity and the WoU series so with Mocucha being more inactive because of his ban you gotta give some bread to the table, I'm always going to be a fan and a friend but I don't want your videos to feel like a chore rather than entertainment. Keep up the work,but bring more good work if you feel me.

Extras:

At least you're giving more content to the community, by the way if you need some replays for the WoU let me know. you can check out my replays in my obvious signature.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=546669 <~ Totally not a replay thread; Hi I'm sam
Hey, you're back to editing/posting on the art board so that's nice.

One thing that I think you can improve on, other than velo, is your atmosphere

This not only includes your CC, but also what kind of effects you use, what kinda of speed ramps you're going for, any overlays, jump cuts etc.

Since you're aiming at doing both showcasing replays as well as your skill at editing, this could be very useful.

Overlays such as smoke, fog and noise, together with good CC, can really improve some edits. I haven't seen you try this out too much so it's worth a shot, yeah?

Also some transitions don't work very well in some edits, such as that zooming-in-to-tori-then-zooming-out that you seem to like doing a lot; that effect works far better when it's subtle and not when it lasts a second or more. Panning off of the screen looks much better if you need the time, imo
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Alright guy's ill see what i can do. Also when i try to do too much crazy stuff with effects, that i'd like to do or make longer edits, my program crashes or gets laggy and i can never finish the videos that are the best (after effects Cs6) hopefully if i get a new computer, i can begin doing more with my videos and effects. So im beginning to come up on my boundaries as far as what more i can add to my videos.

because i don't have much ram, so my cpu can't seem to handle much.

some days i just get lucky and the program lets me finish a highly edited video.

But i'll definitely put things like velo and effects/atmosphere, and etc. in my back pocket until i can use them.
Last edited by matarika; Mar 13, 2016 at 11:52 PM.
try making shorter edits for right now then, i think youd get more out of them than longer boring messes over and over again
atleast for the long run