Ranking
Original Post
New guy says hello, looks for clan.
Hi Toribash, name's Daniel, 22 years old and just found toribash yesterday thanks to a buddy who's into awesome indie games. I'm doing pretty well thus far I guess, in Beginner's Judo I went 19-9 and picked up three non-belt achievements. My W/L ratio's still over 2 and I'm looking to join a clan that'll accept beginners, I'm liking judo thus far but haven't tried much else. I'm also fairly handy with Photoshop, I've been messing with it since 6.0 so I may try and contribute some art as well.

Shoot me a PM if you want.

Daniel
Congrats at finding the forum. You seem like a cool guy, and of course you'll get far here. Congrats on making the three achievements already, and nice win loss ratio. If you didn't know already, here is your usercard.

http://www.toribash.com/usercard/Bluesoul.png

You can paste this in along with your applications to a clan.
Clans Section: http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Organisations Section: http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138

*Note that you can join only one clan, but as many organizations as you want.
Main Tutorial Index: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=29601
And you've probably noticed the FAQ link. If not, just post here and I'll give you the link. #toribash is the toribash irc.

If you need anything else, or just want to have fun in a server together, I'm free ;)

Good job on your decent application, not many care to take the time to make a good one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore my avatar, I just posted in a wibbles thread. I'm not really a rep farmer, I'm a nice guy.
Cool, thanks for the links. I'll tell you straight up, I watched that bundled replay of -NO-Evil's punch to the gut on Uke and I thought it was badass. I want to end up there, get geared out in some sweet items and keep working on my judo takedowns.

What does DSC stand for in the clan section? Unofficial clans versus official ones? The only problem I'm having, and I figure it happens to everyone new, is you can't be sure who you're signing up with, I don't want to be associated with a bunch of d-bags or /b/tards regardless of how skillful they are.
Well feel free to check out the Juice forums. Our clan is actually based off having just a group of people to chat with. We don't care about in-game skill much, just like guys like you with cool personality. Feel free to check it out. Here's a link.

I'd be glad if you joined up
dsc stands for discussion. they are unofficial if you didnt already know. official cans can have multiple threads to themselves and are generally better (takes a lot to become official) but they are also harder to get into. i dont think theres an official clan that will accept anyone under a black belt. most people here are nice though so dont worry about joinging an asshole clan. just read through the forums to see what people think about others. one thing i do know though, a lot of people think nathan is a fag XD

If I were you, I would apply for a decent official one. That's just my judgement though, because official clans have more experience. They know potential when they see it, and they know how to manage members, and even spend Toricredits correctly.

I have an organization, the Runner's League.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=82466
Read about it if you like, Evil's mod was made in 0.00 0.00 -30.00 gravity. The same gravity running is used for.

*[Addicted] is an official clan. But only under special circumstances do they accept anyone under brown belt. The usual cap is 2nd dan Black Belt. You can still apply, and there is that slight chance that you can get in.

* I have a ton of replays of mine. I can upload my entire replay folder of me and you could take a look at it if you're bored. I have some parkour and running replays jumbled in there.
Last edited by Slycooper; May 31, 2010 at 03:16 AM.
I decided to goof around in singleplayer tonight, found twin swords and got my first split. That in itself was cool but I find that twinswords also lends itself to cool poses. Peep the replay.

Attached Files
first split.rpl (30.4 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by bluesoul; May 31, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
Welcome.

That's not the twinswords usually played, if you wanna see the mod, it's twinsword4fixed.tbm :P twinswords usually aren't really played by veteran players, but I figure alot of new toribashians start off with twinswords..I did at least, lol. But anyway, my clan Jungle has enough skilled players, but we ARE in need of artists. If you start making heads or sets or anything, and are a decent skilled player, we'd like to have you in our clan

also, welcome to Toribash
never seen that mod :O try out twinswords4.tbm. it turns your hands into very thin swords (more like rapiers really), overall looks better and is easier to control. i am astounded at how no matter how old you are everyone starts off with the same reactions i used to be obsessed with twinswords too. and again, welcome ^_^
if you like breaking things, try out classic mode (the mod that is on when you first open the game) most people who do replays for videos and such use this mode. i could give you some tips if ya want, just pm me

edit: sometimes when you post people post at the exact same time XD and if you need to say something but you alreayd posted, use the edit button in the bottom right corner of your post

The mod I used was called plain old twinswords.tbm, I just tried twinswords4 and lol'd at the instant breakage of shit.