ES Recruitment Drive
Yes, the penalty should be enough to deter people from quitting/spectating because they're losing in a match. I think 5-12 hours would be a good range for the penalty.
Last edited by Richgar319; Oct 4, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
an issue with this is if you are one of two people in a lobby and decide to leave but the next match starts right before you leave

there would definitely have to be a turnframes threshold

also first offense should get a warning incase its a legit reason such as a client crash or your boss walking by
back from the dead
SELLING MY DEACTIVATED
Yeah, I think there should be a first offense warning, which should clear itself every week if possible. So max of one leave per week? That would make it better suited for legit reasons that happen weekly. There aren't many people out there without lives to abuse a weekly leave, although they definitely exist.
What would the turnframe threshold be though? It would depend on game mode? Most games start out with 10 turns right, so it would probably be 20? Two turns before you can't leave without a warning?
Last edited by Richgar319; Oct 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Player just disconnected from game :S ? suggestion
This suggestion is in the case of tourneys mainly but I don't think players should be able to disconnect in the last 100 frames of a game due to the other person loses out on their winnings or at least if a player leaves and say it's a tourney then I think the player who still in game should automaticly win if the player leaves, but I think the 100 frames idea is better and even if their internet goes completely the server should keep their account logged in and if they afk that long it will Spectator them anyway !!!!!!!!!! JUST A SUGGESTION! to stop rage quitters..
-----
Please everyone who reads this reply with your thoughts on the subject in question.
Last edited by pureglorys; Oct 27, 2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yeah, I made a post just like this that was merged to "Disconnection Penalty" 4-5 pages back in the suggestions thread. This will probably be merged with that. I agree with there being a quitting/spectating penalty. It happens all the time so people can keep their scores high.

As a ragequitter's close friend states: "THAT'S HOW THIS SHIT WORKS RICHAGAR"
And the ragequitter says: "because I was cheated"
Oh, the irony.
This is exactly how the game works so far. Many high ranked players leave before they are going to lose in order to keep their scores higher than other players, or so you don't get the TC reward just because they can't. All games have a quit-penalty, why not Toribash? Seriously!

Toribash can tell the difference between whether a person pinged or quit/spectated, so I suggested a penalty as follows:
Originally Posted by Richgar319 View Post
5 minutes of ban doesn't seem good enough for rage-quitting from anything. If someone rage quits from anything, normal match or tourney, not by ping timing out, then they should be banned from multiplayer for 5-12 hours, which seems like an appropriate amount of time to deter people from rage-quitting. Also, if someone consistently pings out of matches, like three times for normal matches, or two times for tourneys, they will be banned from multiplayer for 24 hours/Normal, and 48 hours/Tourney. If the problem really is internet connection, they should get that fixed before even playing Toribash. Having poor internet connection is no excuse for hindering the enjoyment of other players.

As other players state:
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Tourneys have far greater problems than just people quitting (which I CBA going into yet again) - plus users seem to have some delusional idea that people quit over their ELO/rank.

The reality is that people who quit in the final do it as a "haha fuck you" because they don't want the other person to get the TC for winning. It's the whole childish if I can't then you shouldn't be able to bullshit.
Now you know that you'll realize that poking someone's ELO/rank as a punishment wont stop or deter it.

Kickbanning is the only obvious solution, though IMO they should have a 24 hour ban from all tourney servers.

Originally Posted by HunnKhan View Post
if person quits, why he shouldnt get banned from ingame for a few hours?
if he really had to go, he will not care

Originally Posted by Failicator View Post
It's quite annoying when someone disconnects because they know they're going to lose in the next turn. Other games have a penalty for that sort of thing, why not Toribash?
I would support implementation of a penalty system for quitting while involved with a match in progress.

This is overall a great idea for Toribash that should be implemented.
Attached Thumbnails
Ragequit.jpg   Ragequit2.jpg  
Last edited by Richgar319; Oct 28, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Subtract 2.00 elo points from mod rank and global rank if the player leaves when 50% or more of the match frames have passed.
Subtract 1.00 elo points from each if before that.
Ban them from playing in the server they ragequitted from for 5 mins.

Even a 10 minute ban from multiplayer is stretching it so why ban people for hours? I can understand maybe an hour ban from all tourney servers but from every server? No other game that I have heard of bans for an hour for simply leaving during the middle of a match. Lets be real here.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Why don't you just subtract "x" amount of credits, like 10 credits the first time. And if they continue to disco after "x" minutes, subtract a greater amount of credits.

Another solution is to have a "ghost" Tori that takes the place of a player who disconnects in the middle of a round and stays in the same position the player was in before they discoed.

Either way, I hope this problem is fixed.

-Shado
War does not determine who is right, but who is left.
What if they have no credits? How would a ghost tori work? You have to kill his ghost after he leaves? :S