ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
ToriConquest '09
ToriConquest '09

The first annual Conquest competition

Welcome!

Okay, so long story short, I'm back, and I thought up a way to organise a tournament that's WAY different from all the competitions that are currently out here. This 'might' be an annual thing, meaning I want it to be, and if there is demand, it sure as hell will be.

The Pitch

You know how all these tournaments are just regular knockout tournaments, or stuff like that? Then you get the league and some other competitions with a bit more organisation? Well I'm taking this a step further.

Behold. The Conquest!

First off, there are spots for at most 60 players. These players will organise themselves in teams of 2 to 8 players. This doesn't mean a clan will necessarily have to have a clan team. A multi-clan team can be formed, or a NO-clan team can also be formed.

Upon signing up, each player will provide a form containing information about their character. This form will be made available when signups are open.

The basic premise is this. You are [your-name-here]. You've been entered into a tournament. This is life-or-death. You have a collar around your neck that will explode if you fail to follow the rules.

You and your team start in one of the squares on the map. Each week of real time will mark the passage of one day in-game. This means you have around 5 days of real time to decide amongst yourselves where you will move (you can move one square per in-game day) and post in the week's thread (you can stand in the same square for any amount of time, should you decide to). After each day I will sum up what has happened with a short story, and examine everything.

If you end up on the same square as another team in a day, you will have a fight. This will work like a tournament, refereed by one of the people helping me. The winner remains there, might receive some kind of prize if it's an exceptional fight, and the loser is gone from the game world for 2 in-game days (2 weeks), after which they spawn on a random empty tile.

If a team loses 2 battles in a row, they are disqualified.

This will all form Phase 1. In this phase you should try to eliminate as many teams as you can, form alliances if you will, and get everything ordered.

Phase 1 will last for a week in-game. That is 7 weeks of real time.

After this, Phase 2 will start. I won't spoil it, but believe me, it'll be fast paced, and probably filled with a lot of alliances being broken.

Right. So you're probably going. What the hell. 7 weeks? You should know this is a 21 week project at the very least. It's a competition that is going to take that long. True, you're not going to be actually fighting that often. Once a week, maybe once every two weeks at the most. The majority of the time will be spent on organising, planning, and me writing everything out with a storyline.

As such, this will probably not be a very tense competition, and will be pretty laid-back. Think of it as a strategy game.

Sign-ups

Sign-ups will be opening approximately 2 weeks from now, however I'd appreciate it if people would start forming teams and PMing me stating their interest to participate. Sign-ups will last for 2 weeks, and will be free, however I will reserve the right to deny a team in order to make room for another.

Prizes

Nothing has been settled on here as of yet, but the prizes will be fairly large. To be discussed further.

Discussion

Feel free to use this thread to participate in meaningful discussion about this competition. As such, if you only intend to post 'good luck' or 'participating', please don't. You may ask questions here, offer suggestions, or offer assistance.

EDIT:

Since some people don't get it, I'll bold it. Post here if you're asking a question, offering suggestions, or assistance. Not for stuff like 'this is unique' or etc. Trying to keep this clutter-free.
Last edited by Jok; Feb 2, 2009 at 11:42 PM.
Arg...
Nearly 15 members.
3 000 words.

Hopefuly it fits well in the clan story.
Ok, let's open my imagination...
So then i was sent from hell to gather souls... lights do not exist where i am. Everywhere i go, it is dark. Dark, dark. I feed on other people's souls. I have hunger for murdering. And now i am free from my underworld prison. Anyone can be a victim. But nobody knows who shall be my next prey...
No one never saw my face. Maybe i'm actualy faceless... quick as a shadow, strong like a monster, i keep wandering and eliminating those who stands by my path!
Last edited by WolfBR; Feb 22, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
You're missing the point. The description has to also include a proper description. So that I know how he looks.

Mainly it needs to have:

-history background
-appearance (with clothing)
-details

If it doesn't have at least the first two, it's not enough.
Originally Posted by Jok View Post
You're missing the point. The description has to also include a proper description. So that I know how he looks.

Mainly it needs to have:

-history background
-appearance (with clothing)
-details

If it doesn't have at least the first two, it's not enough.

Hm.

Well, I've made sort of an interview, with physical details (and clothing) stated afterwards. What do you mean by "Details"?
Last edited by CMon; Feb 22, 2009 at 08:43 PM.
Jok, could you please post a list
of the teams that registered so far?
Originally Posted by vins84 View Post
Arg...
Nearly 15 members.
3 000 words.

Hopefuly it fits well in the clan story.

15 members? Limit is to 8 members.
]
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
Hm.

Well, I've made sort of an interview, with physical details (and clothing) stated afterwards. What do you mean by "Details"?

It's fine that way. Details means anything you want to add. (like, he talks with a lisp. Or, he talks like a pirate. Or, he has an inferiority complex. Whatever.)

Originally Posted by SaiC View Post
Jok, could you please post a list
of the teams that registered so far?

Sorry, I can't choose from the teams until the end.

I will post a list of the submitees regularly. Probably starting tomorrow, maybe the day after.
Silver Wolf's History.
*RESET*
INDIVIDUAL FORM!
Character name: "Shadow Wolf"
Description/History:
Since i was a kid, i was told that i had to fight. Born in Sparta, everyone noticed that i would become an incredible warrior.
My skills always impressed everyone. Sometimes people wondered if i was a real HUMAN when i was in action. They called me Silver Wolf.
I quickly became a gladiator. The arena was like a home to me... Money, cash, sucess... fame blasted onto my life in a matter of weeks.
But then, the day came. I thought i was invincible, but i was wrong...
I was in a normal fight in the arena. But then that man came. He was so misterious. I wasn't afraid in the beginning, but then he looked at me with his red, sinister eyes. I didn't feel my members anymore. He started to move around in a crazy dance, and teared my whole body with his blade...
I couldn't understand that. I was invincible. I WAS INVINCIBLE. I couldn't die. So then i felt that strange energy flowing through my body... the dark energy started to flash around me. And my entire body went black. It felt like... like if i was... dead. But...?
The misterious gladiator couldn't understand what was going on. The crowd was shocked as well... everyone staring at the misterious figure in the center of the arena. I picked my blade. Looked at it for a few seconds. Then i saw my opponent in front of me... I felt stronger then ever. So then i teared the man apart in a matter of seconds. And so i knew that my life wouldn't be the same again. I now wander through the world, looking for victims... blood... souls. I knew no one could kill me. Is it possible to kill a ghost?
I AM NO LONGER SILVER WOLF... I'M A SHADOW WOLF.
Originally Posted by WolfBR View Post
*RESET*
INDIVIDUAL FORM!
Character name: "Shadow Wolf"
Description/History:
Since i was a kid, i was told that i had to fight. Born in Sparta, everyone noticed that i would become an incredible warrior.
My skills always impressed everyone. Sometimes people wondered if i was a real HUMAN when i was in action. They called me Silver Wolf.
I quickly became a gladiator. The arena was like a home to me... Money, cash, sucess... fame blasted onto my life in a matter of weeks.
But then, the day came. I thought i was invincible, but i was wrong...
I was in a normal fight in the arena. But then that man came. He was so misterious. I wasn't afraid in the beginning, but then he looked at me with his red, sinister eyes. I didn't feel my members anymore. He started to move around in a crazy dance, and teared my whole body with his blade...
I couldn't understand that. I was invincible. I WAS INVINCIBLE. I couldn't die. So then i felt that strange energy flowing through my body... the dark energy started to flash around me. And my entire body went black. It felt like... like if i was... dead. But...?
The misterious gladiator couldn't understand what was going on. The crowd was shocked as well... everyone staring at the misterious figure in the center of the arena. I picked my blade. Looked at it for a few seconds. Then i saw my opponent in front of me... I felt stronger then ever. So then i teared the man apart in a matter of seconds. And so i knew that my life wouldn't be the same again. I now wander through the world, looking for victims... blood... souls. I knew no one could kill me. Is it possible to kill a ghost?
I AM NO LONGER SILVER WOLF... I'M A SHADOW WOLF.

...Read the thread, and try again.
Ok, whats wrong now? I have a history background, described the look of my chraracter (a black faceless shadow) and added a few details like where he was born and stuff. What else do you want? D:
Last edited by WolfBR; Feb 22, 2009 at 11:08 PM.