The Idea, and Why

Specifics

Highly unlikely.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Your idea is based on the concept that people who are perma-banned will simply make a new account anyway, so why not have them pay to have the account reinstated. They'd get the account back and staff would sink some TC along the way. Win win.

But actually, this really doesn't do anything good for the community.

All this is going to do is give people who screw up enough to get perma'd, leeway. And if someone has screwed up enough to get permanently banned, they really shouldn't have it.

You are correct in saying that most people who are banned/perma banned make another account. But in most cases, people who are banned want their main account unbanned. And I've seen people who've been banned for years on alternate accounts come back to Ban Appeals to get their main back.

As to why they do this, I'm sure it's various reasons. Whether it be the name, items, qi ect.

Encouraging the mindset of "I've got TC to spare, might as well do something stupid to get myself perma'd. I can just pay to get out anyway!" isn't something staff want to do, I'm almost certain.

To be honest, it just sounds like you liked the idea of having a bail system in Toribash, rather than it actually being an improvement to the system.

The cons far outweigh the pros in this scenario. Main pro being TC being sunk, which honestly doesn't matter at all. There are plenty of ways to do this.
People are misinterpreting what I'm saying with the bond system you need a set number of people to be willing to pay for your bond, so it could range from 5-20,Then they have to pay individually to bond the person onto a watchlist

Alot of you guys are talking about how " I've seen people who've been banned for years on alternate accounts come back to Ban Appeals to get their main back. ", But how many people are going to wait years to come play some indie game? Also I would really like to hear the opinion of someone who has been permabanned and has appealed.
I said CROOK UP
Originally Posted by frandavi View Post
People are misinterpreting what I'm saying with the bond system you need a set number of people to be willing to pay for your bond, so it could range from 5-20,Then they have to pay individually to bond the person onto a watchlist

Alot of you guys are talking about how " I've seen people who've been banned for years on alternate accounts come back to Ban Appeals to get their main back. ", But how many people are going to wait years to come play some indie game? Also I would really like to hear the opinion of someone who has been permabanned and has appealed.

Hi, me. I've done that. Ask Icky if you don't believe me. I already stated my opinion on this.

I don't think that relying on other people to get you unbanned is really a great idea. It would frankly be useless. A game community isn't like real life. People don't really have that much of a connection to each other here. I doubt enough people care enough to pay to get someone else out of a ban, especially one they deserve.
I think I might be retired.
I appreciate your criticism Grohen, with the system we have in place at the moment
not many people who are perma banned even attempt to come back, due to it being so difficult as is just to pass the interview.

If players or a clan miss a player , and would rather not have tons of alts on their clan page, this would be a way to get it to happen. It filters out those unclean alts we see all the time.
I said CROOK UP
Fair point, but that is a very situational occur ancestors at best. Is it really worth implementing something if it's used once in a blue moon to help out someone that may just get permabanned again anyway?
I was permabanned, the appeal system works as is, do not fix the unbroken, as you will break it.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
This thread has run its course so if you think I'm still wrong for closing this pm me.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Oct 4, 2016 at 11:49 PM.
Unbans
I think there should be a way that if you get banned once you can buy an Unban in the shop, but after you buy it once and you get banned again you can never buy it again, like a 1-time offender kind of thing. Like bail for jail. I don't know if this could or ever would be implemented but i was just wondering if it could. Anyway thanks for reading this kinda short post

i think it should maybe cost somewhere around 10-15$
A ban is designed to give you time to reflect on your mistake. It's not just a slap on the wrist. If you really don't deserve the ban, make a ban appeal, and you'll be unbanned.

A "get out of jail free" option isn't a thing here. You don't get to just pay bail and walk free for making bad business transactions. Making it cost money isn't even a fair reason to add it. If someone gets banned and wants to stay on the forums or ingame, they just make a new account. No one in their right mind would pay $15 to keep breaking the rules on their favorite account.