Ranking
Original Post
[ORMO] Stock Replay Competition

Welcome to ORMO’s Stock Replay Competition 2016, where the rules are few and the prizes are many. All are invited to compete, but only the best will trump the rest. Not convinced? The prizes include the chance to have your replay showcased in the stock folder that is downloaded along with Toribash! You have the possibility to have your replay seen by thousands of players and inspire them to make their own.

This event is open to everyone, regardless of their relationship with ORMO.

This is a Singleplayer event.
Your goal is very simple. Create the best replay you have ever made. The replay can be made with any mod and settings, as long as it doesn’t break the rules stated below.

The replay must be made in Singleplayer. Multiplayer replays are not allowed.
You may submit only ONE replay. You may change that replay as many times as you wish before the deadline.
The submitted replay must be NEW.
You are not allowed to submit a replay made by someone else. Stealing replays and collaboration replays are NOT allowed.
YOUR REPLAY CANNOT BE MADE WITH THE FOLLOWING GRAVITIES: -9.82, -20, -30. These exact values for gravity are NOT ALLOWED. Remember to change the gravity to something else when you start working on your replay! This is simply to weed out old replays that you guys might try to sneak in.
Hacking is allowed!

You can submit your replay until midnight of 15th September 2016, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Once it is 16th September 2016, you may not submit your replay anymore. You can check the time with this website.

After the deadline comes around, your replay will be judged based on its overall quality by three judges, Larfen, pusga and Orko.

1st Place: 200000 Toricredits + Your replay will be featured along the stock replays of the next Toribash version!
2nd Place: 125000 Toricredits*
3rd Place: 75000 Toricredits*

*That is, however, not all. Even if you don’t achieve first place, your replay may still be elected to integrate the replay stock folder if the judges believe it is deserving! 1st Place has a guaranteed replay in the stock folder, but if 2nd, 3rd or even more submissions show that they fought just as hard, they will be chosen and featured in the next version of Toribash!

FURTHERMORE:
Please consider that once the event is over it might take some time to have the replays put in the stock folder, we don't know when the next update will happen so it will take an unspecified amount of time until your replays appear in the game.

Feel free to ask any questions about the event, I will do my best to clear anything up. Otherwise, get working on your masterpiece! And PLEASE don’t forget to change the gravity when you start making your replay. It’s very easy to forget! This battle will make your blood boil. Good luck!

EDIT: An incredibly generous donation by Thrandir has allowed us to increase the prize pool substancially! Thank you Thrandir!
Last edited by pusga; Aug 15, 2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling
oh yeah
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Mist my love, I was going to watch your replay because I love you, but I noticed in notepad that its still in -30 grav. You do realize thats agains the rules of this event.

Why aren't you people actually reading the rules of the event, please have more respect for the hosts of this event.

Oh, should that it SHOULD be -9.82, -30.00 and etc...
Thanks and sorry
Originally Posted by cats View Post
lol did u seriously steal my collab with mused

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...&postcount=382

What ashame people are stealing replays already.

I used to be an idiot, glad my mentality has changed since then.
Or at least I hope it has.

LMFOA
Last edited by tabby; Aug 17, 2021 at 09:35 PM.
Originally Posted by HVNANitrox View Post
we need to be in the ormo to post replay?

no, like the first post says, the event is open to everyone in the community (except for the judges of course).

Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
Can it be in multiplayer?

I'm afraid the submitted replays must be singleplayer, multiplayer is kinda out of our realm. I'll update the op to be a bit more clear about that.

Originally Posted by bacalhau View Post
^u^

like the first post says, only one replay. And it must be new. And it mustn't be made in -9.82, -20 or -30 gravity. Please remember that guys, i don't want people to get screwed because of that the gravity must be different from -9.82, -20 or -30.

Originally Posted by Keroded View Post

Originally Posted by cats View Post
lol did u seriously steal my collab with mused

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...&postcount=382

thanks for pointing that out. Keroded: you're free to submit your own, new replay as long as you follow the rules, but annoy us hard enough and we might disallow your participation in the competition. Just follow the rules.

Originally Posted by Demon428 View Post
What ashame people are stealing replays already.

don't try to put out your own fires xd
Last edited by pusga; Aug 15, 2016 at 08:05 PM.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
I'm afraid the submitted replays must be singleplayer, multiplayer is kinda out of our realm. I'll update the op to be a bit more clear about that.

Well then. Looks like I'm gonna have to put Cboh down now. It's not like I have any use for him anymore.
Glimpsed
I would've been so happy for this event a year ago lol. I don't even play anymore, but I might try this one for legacy reasons.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Putting something together as we speak. We need more events with special rewards like these.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Just a question.

Is it allowed if i do -30.01 as gravity?
lol

Because i'm doing a parkour that i'll be working on from to today to the deadline probably. If not i'll go for some other choise.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.