ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Minimum amount of players to create a new clan
The main idea:
Having a minimum of 3 - 5 people (preferably 5 players) to create an actual clan.

This was an idea I thought of recently but I was debating whether this would be anything to worth suggesting in here considering that Toribash isn't a massive game but then thought "This can stop a mass spam of random clans being made and it can put more eyes on new clans a lot easier"
A lot of solo players tend to make new clans on their own and nowadays it is so hard to recruit because everyone is in a clan now or won't join a clan. This can also stop people spamming clan threads in the clan board.

Main question to myself is how would you do this? HAVING to get a minimum 3 - 5 players in a party to create a clan in the forums/in-game so that the system knows?
Maybe have the clan be in a "unpublished" state until it gathers more than 3-5 players? so the clan leader has 72h to gather the needed amount to make the clan active?

*on the other hand anyone can quickly make 2-4 alts to fill in the clan, as you don't need qi to join one.

Would be worth considering, maybe? but I can think of a dozen things that would be more helpful than working on this
Originally Posted by akina View Post
How can you be bothered about people creating some random clans for themselves or maybe 2 of their own friends for lols when they are not even planning in joining any actual big tryhard clan?

I dont see any joke clans spamming the clan board and also i dont see how just limiting the clans for 5+ people or something would help people put more eyes on new clans, since the people who does those jokey clans dont even create threads, and doesnt go out their way to recruit bunch of people so much so that other clans cant recruit any new members
+ you pretty much already in the OP said the real reason why it is hard to recruit and it certainly has nothing to do with the memey clans "nowadays it is so hard to recruit because everyone is in a clan already or dont want join a clan"

I am sure none of the people who join the joke clans or create them would want to join any real clans anytime soon so there is that too
also most of the random clans ppl make are just some silly inside jokes of some friendgroups and i never see them cause any form of chaos in the community anyways so i dont see any point in this

It wasn't that deep man.

I dont see any joke clans spamming the clan board

I can see a fair few myself, try looking again.

How can you be bothered about people creating some random clans for themselves or maybe 2 of their own friends for lols when they are not even planning in joining any actual big tryhard clan?

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's only a small suggestion just in case the staff was thinking about being more strict with these and yes maybe you'd like to create a clan for you and your friends but that's my point? It's got nothing to do with try hard clans, it's to just stop people from making clans for no reason at all then going AFK with that clan name when someone else might want it.

i dont see how just limiting the clans for 5+ people or something would help people put more eyes on new clans

Limiting the amount of players 2 - 5 is to make it more certain that those 2 - 5 people won't just disband the clan and actually want to do something with it or start a clan of friends.
Some clans with 1 person makes it hard to recruit if they don't know many people in the first place thus makes them go AFK with an empty clan thread.
There's just not much purpose to clans at the moment - adding requirements for clan creation won't really change much imo.
Players who make clans for their own usually don't really want to get the "real clan" experience - if there was a requirement they'd just play solo as a lot of people did before the removal of clan creation paywall and forum thread requirement.

Keep in mind there are also no activity or alt checks done for unofficial clans - even if we were to require 2 or 3 people in order to make a new clan, this wouldn't really guarantee new clans' quality.
[QUOTE=sir;11835235]There's just not much purpose to clans at the moment - adding requirements for clan creation won't really change much imo.

what about boosts for people in clans that stay active, a leaderboard of the best individual war performers and namechange vouchers as a possible incentive?
Last edited by Shogunna; Oct 30, 2021 at 11:31 PM. Reason: "stuff"
walah walah muda muda