Toribash
Original Post
Refrain from hosting tournaments in noncompetitive mods
please and thankyou
perhaps the mods will take it in a sarcastic way of doing these mods we never heard of but it's annoying for competitive players I hope they start doing official mods it will be way better and less frustrating then those random ass mods
Last edited by cutterchop; Mar 24, 2020 at 10:14 AM.
GM/ES tourneys were never meant to be serious tourneys, and you should tell just from the fact that the prizes for 1st and 2nd positions are RANDOMIZED with a preset ST. They have trivia too for the sake of engagement and giving others a chance to win and collect ST for future item purchases.
"Competitive" tourneys exist on the event board, ones with a ladder and 1-2-3 position prizes. If you're not satisfied, wait for betting servers which are more than often nowadays to get a DP of, usually, +20,000 TC, or bet out your TC. If you're still not satisfied with betting servers, then duel with the handful of people who take this game as competitively as you do. If you're STILL not satisfied, then either wait for the new season for a one-in-one item for 1st rank, or sell your items and TC for $ and never come back.
P.S: There were more Aikido based tourneys lately (ABD, greykido, edikido...etc) than there were "noncompetitive" mods (lolnad3, jousting). It's a mixed bag of mods, never one true "official" mods, or else non-competing players will complain about it being based on Aikido and Lenshu.
Not really supporting this.
Last edited by Nokia; Mar 24, 2020 at 11:11 PM.
Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
GM/ES tourneys were never meant to be serious tourneys, and you should tell just from the fact that the prizes for 1st and 2nd positions are RANDOMIZED with a preset ST. They have trivia too for the sake of engagement and giving others a chance to win and collect ST for future item purchases.
"Competitive" tourneys exist on the event board, ones with a ladder and 1-2-3 position prizes. If you're not satisfied, wait for betting servers which are more than often nowadays to get a DP of, usually, +20,000 TC, or bet out your TC. If you're still not satisfied with betting servers, then duel with the handful of people who take this game as competitively as you do. If you're STILL not satisfied, then either wait for the new season for a one-in-one item for 1st rank, or sell your items and TC for $ and never come back.
P.S: There were more Aikido based tourneys lately (ABD, greykido, edikido...etc) than there were "noncompetitive" mods (lolnad3, jousting). It's a mixed bag of mods, never one true "official" mods, or else non-competing players will complain about it being based on Aikido and Lenshu.
Not really supporting this.

agreed. I think the nonserious tourneys are thousands of times more fun. would love some more lolnade and msds.
no way bro thats crazy
I personally do not like skillbased tourneys, because you can tryhard everywhere, but tourneys supposed to be fun. There is not much prizes to tryhard for, and everyone is supposed to have equal chance of winning. How is it going to be fun for everyone, if every tourney would be won by you swaves, cicada or another good players?
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel
First off, I think the timing of this suggestion is a little weird considering the the past week of ES hosting has consisted of about 75% highly competitive mods (Multiple ABD and boxshu tourneys, 2x rk-mma and 2x lenshu3ng, erthtkv2 etc.) I think a complaint or suggestion would be more warranted during a time where ES are spamming fun mods in their events, but we really aren't right now.

ES host in-game events to keep the playerbase entertained, ETourneys are absolutely not the same as the yearly world championship or the ranked seasons and ES aren't trying to decipher just who the best toribash gamer is in every tourney, since that'd make the tourneys lose diversity and feel more boring to play over time. There's definitely an attempt to balance both competitive and more fun mods out so you never get too much of either, since different types of players enjoy different types of events!

I'd also like to make it clear that fun mods still require some amount of skill to win in, they're not all just RNG-fests. Mods like MSDS, acrojoust and jousting are considered fun mods but still allow for a lot of skill expression! Just because they're not officialmods doesn't make them noncompetitive.

And lastly, you aren't obligated to be in every ETourney hosted. If you don't like the fun mods then go to a different server when they're being hosted. We almost always tell you what the mod is in the globals so you'll know beforehand aswell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!