ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
TC Sponsoring
Being an investor I really like the TC economy. What I would really like to do is be able to sponsor players in tournaments. Like I pay them 100 tc to play in a tournament, and if they win I get the prize money. The problem is there is no way to enforce payment, they could take my tc and run. So I really want some kind of tc contract system so you can pledge tc to each other. Plus you could even sponser smaller games, Like you give someone 50 tc to play 10 games, and you get all the tc they earn during those 10 games. It would add something fun for people who have a lot of tc, and give players fun new ways to play.

Oh and I also have some ideas for clan tc but i'll see how this thread goes first.

Edit----
I want to sponsor players in duels, its more practical. However, tournaments can still be sponsored
Last edited by Continua; Mar 2, 2015 at 11:41 PM.
Yeah I think its and excellent idea, like giving a percentage of the winnings. I'm going to draft a possible contract format
-----
Tournament Contract Example

Game Type: Tournament
Mod: Akido.tbm

Amount sponsored: 100
Tournaments to Play: 1
Winnings percentage:
Sponsor- 80%
Player- 20%
----------------------------------
Normal Contract Example

Game Type: Official Server
Mod: Any

Amount Sponsored: 100
Games to Play: 50
Winnings percentage:
Sponsor- 90%
Player- 10%
---------------------------------
Duel Contract Example

Game Type: Duel
Mod: Akidobigdojo.tbm

Amount Sponsored: 600
Duels to Play:5
Minimum bet: 500
Winnings Percentage:
Sponsor: 70%
Player: 30%
--------------------------------
Last edited by Continua; Mar 2, 2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This makes no sense, if you pay them to win the tourney you are barely getting any tc back.

To make any amount of profit you would have to pay them to win big tournaments, in which there are none. Plus, why would they want to keep a lower amount to win more tc for you than to just win the tc themselves and get more tc?
Continua

this wouldent work in tourneys because someone will lose money no matter what you try and do, and there will be people that once you sponsor will lose because that dosent change anything for them and they will still get your money
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
You don't have to use the system, yes someone will lose money, but its like insurance. The responsibility is on the sponsor to choose someone who would try to win.
-----
And people who want to actually make tc from this would be sponsoring multiple people in different game types, it's not about having someone win one tournament. Also I think a good idea would be to give players a rating on how well they do with contracts so you can make better decisions on who to sponsor.
Last edited by Continua; Mar 2, 2015 at 08:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Continua View Post
I dont think you guys are getting the point. You pay a player 100tc to enter a tournament, they keep that tc no matter what, if they win the tournament you get the winnings. The point is to provide a way for the player to make tc even if they lose the tournament, but the sponsor would want to make sure they chose a good player.
-----
And the idea to sponsor players for normal games is also a big part, think about if you could sponsor like 20 people to play 50 games, if you chose good people you could make tons of tc while they are assured a payment.

"I dont think you guys are getting the point. You pay a player 100tc to enter a tournament, they keep that tc no matter what, if they win the tournament you get the winnings."

question, does the winner and the sponsor get the winnings as equal value? or does the sponsor get all?

this makes no sense, you're are trying to ram every concept with this and your percentages further give me a more of a headache
there will be people making money from this but then the other person will always be losing money. Your basically just betting on someone but when you make your money back they lose money
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JuicyTin
What happens is the sponsor pays the player to play games. So say the sponsor pays a player to play 50 games, then the tc the player wins from those games is divided between the sponsor and the player according to the percentage. But the player keeps the tc that was originally paid to him.
-----
Okay so I read over everything a few times and now I understand the point some of you are trying to make. If you are good enough to actually make the sponsor money, why would you need a sponsor, and if your not good enough, then no one will sponsor you. I'm not sure how to address this but I would like to focus more on duels, It seems a little more practical this way. The sponsoring system would probably be more for duels.
Last edited by Continua; Mar 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ok so player 1 pays player 2 2000 tc to get some profits from a tourney. Player 2 wins the tourney and keeps the 2000 tc but then has to pay MORE then 2000 that so player 1 makes a profit. Or Player 2 wins the tourney and pays player 1 less then 2k and player 1 loses money. Someone will get ripped off
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Flamesmash player 2 would only pay player 1 a percentage of what he wins, the 2000 that was originally paid will stay with player 2. It would not be smart to for player 1 to pay more than player 2 could win. And think about the applications this could have in duels or normal games, stop focusing on tournaments
-----
Wingchunsifu I think the player could chose to have the sponsors either keep raising their investment until one is willing to pay more than the other, or let the sponsors work out a percentage to be split, or even just alternate between which contracts the player is working on. The last option could mean a player can take on a bunch of sponsors at once for fast tc then over time play all the necessary games
Last edited by Continua; Mar 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump