ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The L4D2 Boycott Group...
Here is a group that is outraged at the new Left 4 Dead. They believe that they are being cheated by Valve, as they are money-hungry and want to make a quick buck by making a quick game with less content than they expected. They think that a few measly changes isn't worth a new game (at full-price), and should either be DLC, an extension, or an add-on. If this demand isn't met, they request that every Left 4 Dead owner shall get this game for free, or for a discount.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott

Here is the thread I made on Facepunch, slightly less professional than the arguments made by the steam group. I state that Valve is trying to make up for the fact that Left 4 Dead didn't have what users expected, so they wanted to add more variety and fun into it. Like new weapons, new maps, new effects, and a better AI director. Not only is it annoying to try and deal with these people, but it's also taking up dear space on the Facepunch board.

I swear, it's like trying to convince Nazi's that Jews did nothing wrong to them (Not trying to compare them to Nazi's, by the way).

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....5#post15444235
Fonzie be with you.
Most people that boycott it will buy it anyways.

/skips boycott part.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I just don't like it because of how little L4D1 offered for $50. Five primary weapons, two of which are useless and one which gets replaced after the second level in a campaign. Valve did promise a lot of support for L4D, and it never happened. Even before the Steam group came out, I said to myself that L4D2 will be the first Valve game I don't buy. $100 bucks and 2 years for what should have been $50 last year.
Originally Posted by CiaoTime View Post
I just don't like it because of how little L4D1 offered for $50. Five primary weapons, two of which are useless and one which gets replaced after the second level in a campaign. Valve did promise a lot of support for L4D, and it never happened. Even before the Steam group came out, I said to myself that L4D2 will be the first Valve game I don't buy. $100 bucks and 2 years for what should have been $50 last year.

And, please, tell me which 2 weapons are useless.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
And, please, tell me which 2 weapons are useless.

The sniper rifle and Uzi.

The rifle is outclassed by the other second-tier guns, and the Uzi drains ammo faster then you can say "the condom broke."
Last edited by CiaoTime; Jun 8, 2009 at 07:05 AM.
Originally Posted by CiaoTime View Post
The sniper rifle and Uzi.

The rifle is outclassed by the other second-tier guns, and the Uzi drains ammo faster then you can say "the condom broke."

Sniper rifle = takes out smoker, and picks off hordes before they reach you. Can also shoot boomers and hunters at a distance.

And Uzi is good before you get T2 weaps, it holds more ammo then the shotgun, and can kill more in one clip then a shotgun. The only downside it has, is that it deals more damage in one shot then the uzi.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
The boycott's ending before it began. Quite frankly, if you're gonna whine about them bringing out an entirely new game instead of supporting an existing one (which they DID bring out a new mode for it), and not taking into account that they have plenty of games to support as well, then just don't buy it. I personally think it looks quite good, and will probably buy it. I don't care if L4D didn't get the update attention it deserved, just like I didn't care when they brought out MGS Special Missions for the PS1, and when I didn't care that Sonic 2 was just Sonic the Hedgehog with spindash and different level designs. Get over it.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
How dare valve make a new sequel to a popular game!

Also, you've obviously never done co op with friends. Its a blast.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
/agree with War

Also, i love the sniper, its always fun to come to the end of a campaign and casually note that you have a 96% headshot rate, while others have numbers closer to 10. lawl.

each gun has its use, if you cant see it go play some more!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Qegola View Post
The boycott's ending before it began. Quite frankly, if you're gonna whine about them bringing out an entirely new game instead of supporting an existing one (which they DID bring out a new mode for it), and not taking into account that they have plenty of games to support as well, then just don't buy it. I personally think it looks quite good, and will probably buy it. I don't care if L4D didn't get the update attention it deserved, just like I didn't care when they brought out MGS Special Missions for the PS1, and when I didn't care that Sonic 2 was just Sonic the Hedgehog with spindash and different level designs. Get over it.

Apparently, 25842 people can't get over it.