ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Standalone four person capable Toribash client
So yeah seeing as we can't have four person matches in this Toribash due to the fact some computers can't withstand it is there any way Devs could make a standalone version that would cost money or be free(I saw cost money in-case they find no reason to make these because they'll just lose more and more money but if people paid they could make a profit). Just a thought, sorry if this may be a bit jumbled up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
#Supported

Imagine 2v2 soccer games or a hot-potato head toss. 4 Player has real potential.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
This would work, but the devs would have to find another Physics engine which would be able to be vaguely like the current Physics engine, so you wouldnt need to find a new play style for the standalone version. The differences of Physics engines can dramatically change gameplay, and in a game which is completely Dependant on our current Physics engine. I still support the idea of a standalone version, but if hampa ever decided to release the source to a small amount of people, if they knew how to code in C++ they would probably be able to try this idea with 2v2 spars and everything. The dev team would probably never be able to create a complete standalone version, because they wouldn't have the time to create one, as hampa has said, that they barely have any time to create a complete other game, but when he does they are only small ones like Mace Windu and Tsunami Rider. Which were for the came creation competiton of Ludumdare.

They could do something in order to raise money in order to pay such a dev team or give that dev team a percentage of all gained money from standalone client sales. Again, throwing around ideas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
I support this. I can imagine a free for all spar(kinda), in a bar scene with bottles and tables flying everywhere, Although, this would make the game more time consuming, And if one player goes AFK then the rest are all delayed and forced to wait, would only make sense if you could privately host.
Get down with the sickness. - Disturbed.
This would be great for Tourney's, imagine 2v2 Tourney's, it could reinvent the game and really help establish teamwork, it would also help people adapt if they get paired up with someone random, I think this is a great idea.

~Supported.
Not supported, since I myself wouldn't buy it. I don't think devs could pull this off in a profitable way either and what if one person pings? This might be a much bigger project then you suspect.
PM me with any and all questions
Well I mean the only reason people would have to pay is because they would need to pay such a dev team and if one person pings they disconnect and fight continues, they won't be refunded TC either in case of duel.
I understand it would be a big project but it would probably be profitable too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli