Ranking
Original Post
[GIMP]Easy Shading
I wouldn't really call this shading but i think it still looks good.

First of all get a background colour like blue.

Make a new transparent layer and draw say...a line on it.

If you have the layer page open,click the layer u made with the image,right click it,then press duplicate layer so you will have 2 images of the same thing,completely under eachother,then what u want to do is pick a colour like...red as the shading colour then paint one of the whole images that colour(red).Make sure that the red you have is under the first image or it won't work.Anyways,Go to the layer with the red image and then go to filters and gaussian blur,i suggest making it 5.0 and 5.0.

After that you should have a basic,red shadow around it,if you want more awesomer ones,then just duplicate the red layer,and do it 10.0 and 10.0

HINT.I suggest you do not shade with the same colour as the original image if it is in a crowded area,it looks fine on the head i did but on the legs i did with it,very crowded sort of and doesn't look good.

Example of a simple head i did using this tactic :

I did use the same shading colour with the original image,but in my oppinion its up to you,what you like.

Please tell me if this works,this is my very first tutorial and i did this because i know how annoying it is not knowing how to shade.
Last edited by TheElement; Mar 19, 2009 at 04:40 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame