ES Recruitment Drive
Got bored and decided to try my hand at making myself a new set at 512x512. I'll be sticking with the vertical mono-eye and general color scheme of my current set (and may simply upscale a few of the bits and pieces that I particularly liked) but the rest will be all new.

Initial concept sketches for the head.

Current state of the head:

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Your set looks shmexy, where do you get the idea of making such a wonderful set?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
My old (current) set was heavily based off of the helmet in Dark Void (Never played the game but I always appreciate interesting character design). This new one's likely to be a hodgepodge of various concept art I see around combined with my own ideas.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
B&B&B&
needs more shading and details

also, yours and avwaves mapping is always too correct, the facial area is always so small.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
More up-to-date progress on the texture going on in this thread. Will post the final version here when it's done, obviously.

B&B&B&
What's the top 3 med schools you're hoping to get into?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I asked this to Oblivion and it actually led me onto an interesting tangent, seeing what different people answer;
Originally Posted by Erth
Ok, random question, one of my current uni projects is to design an office/house/studio.
I've taken this to mean "design your dream work and home environment in one", as such, what cool features would you ideal future home have?
The technology has to be possible, but not necessarily anywhere past "discovered"

She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
What's the top 3 med schools you're hoping to get into?

At the moment I'm really just waiting on the University of Colorado, where I'd love to go. It's obviously a beautiful campus but what I liked was that the people on campus actually seemed pretty laid-back and supportive of each other, whereas when you think of a highly competitive school - say an Ivy League - the people tend to also be very competitive which ends up being a bit of a caustic environment.

Originally Posted by erth View Post
I asked this to Oblivion and it actually led me onto an interesting tangent, seeing what different people answer;

Ok, random question, one of my current uni projects is to design an office/house/studio.
I've taken this to mean "design your dream work and home environment in one", as such, what cool features would you ideal future home have?
The technology has to be possible, but not necessarily anywhere past "discovered"

That's a neat question. I've found that the most important thing for me is deskspace. My current desk is already quite large (it's about 6 feet by 3 feet) and it's still pretty consistently cluttered as fuck (I'll grab a picture or something later). So, requirement number one is simple: A really goddamn big desk. On/under/around the desk goes the computer, at least a couple of monitors, keyboard/mouse, tablet (If we're talking dream setup, a Cintiq), printer/scanner, lots and lots of pens and pencils, a big pile of scrap paper, a coaster (can't be having rings from my beverages), and by necessity a bunch of assorted cords for charging/connecting the phone, camera, headset, etcetera.

Lots of open wallspace would also be nice - I like big whiteboards (or maybe chalkboards) for sketching/writing out ideas and corkboards for pinning stuff up. Shelves too, I have lots of books.

I grabbed a secondhand drafting table a year or two ago and I don't get to use it too often but it's really nice when I do. My ideal drafting table would probably be the most technologically advanced of the whole thing; it would have an inset lightbox for tracing as well as an inset monitor (or a monitor on the wall above it would be fine I guess) hooked up to my computer so I could put reference images there. Obviously it'd have storage for even more pens and pencils and rulers and crap too. It would ideally be located pretty close to the desk so I can scoot my chair right on over (scoot scoot scoot) when I'd like to use it.

B&B&B&
be more ambitious man, dream workspace, go big.
its a creative workspace, so be more creative.

tell us about how the layout makes you feel like youre in the captains chair of the Starship Enterprise.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-