Ranking
Original Post
Remove Textures
Now don't be misled by the thread title, and so you aren't misled, allow me to elaborate on this suggestion.
What i believe could become a necessity, well what may already be a necessity, is for a "remove texture" button, or having the ability to check[On/Off] on specific/all textures and have the option to remove textures from the item(s).
A simple addition to the already present list can be added

*Remove Texture

My reasoning behind this feature is simple.
First off, for avid or part time marketers who're selling full texture set items.
Simply put, it can be a hassle to remove 18 or more textures from texture items each time you want to send the items to a buyer/friend etc.
This would cut down on the time to do this, obviously, and would basically make it easier to operate.

My second reason is for texture theft.
For those of us who have to take elongated breaks from toribash may have epic sets stored on these texture items, may it be joint textures or regular bodily textures.
Anyways, some persons may check through inventories and steal the textures from there directly, now I know this can be easily avoided if you spend the time uploading a random/plain texture to each template but that can be quite bothersome at times, and can result in negligence by way of sayin' "fuck it, too much work".

Subsequently, the textures would be left unattended and left at risk of being stolen.
Now what I think should happen after removing said textures, is that the image is reverted to the default image in which one would see if they visited the shop
~
Last edited by Nigma; Oct 10, 2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Because Fuck You That's why
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Agreed, I've actually, just recently been having this problem also.
Ormo|Pyro|Geru|Revel
The new multiple uploader somewhat makes this process less painfull. What I did is I created a folder with one of each available texture, with a custom image preloaded in each. Whenever I want to clear a set, before selling the texture items, I use the multiple uploader and load this custom image unto the set. Yes, it took about 1/2 hour to create this folder, but saved me loads of time afterward.
Having said this, I know what I am offering is only a work around. Yoyo, the creator of the multiple uploader, would likely be able to implement your idea easily.

I offered my workaround to help in the meantime.

Idea supported.
rock the world, one fight at a time
I too, have been using the same workaround, but at times the multi-uploader would fail and upload either half or only a couple of the files.
Even though it is handy, I firmly believe having a multi-remover would go hand in hand with the uploader.

Perhaps Yoyo can muster up the remover.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
I too, have been using the same workaround, but at times the multi-uploader would fail and upload either half or only a couple of the files.
Even though it is handy, I firmly believe having a multi-remover would go hand in hand with the uploader.

Perhaps Yoyo can muster up the remover.

Agreed. I also have only managed to get 5 multiple uploads at a time, which is an improvement on one at a time, but for some reason, I've never managed to get more than 5.

I have made a suggestion before on how sets could be stored in a "Art Set Box" much like we have boxes for items. This would make loading and removing "art sets" a breeze, not to mention trading art sets would be so much easier also. I would love to revive this idea and generate some interest.
-----
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=422085

Here is the thread in question. I'm glad you brought this topic up. I think the two topics could be merged, as they both tackle the problem of dealing with multiple textures. If you count in a full joint texture set, on top of a full body texture set, you're looking at 39 textures.
An "Art Set Box" could be activated, or deactivated at the click of a button. They could be transferred to a buyer like any other item. The multiple texture uploader could be used(hopefully improved) to load images. One member could own several "Art Set Boxes", in which he could keep several of his favorite sets, and could switch at the click of button. Artists and marketers could use these boxes to trade sets. This way, it would also be easy to remove art from texture items before trading them.
Last edited by evo; Oct 7, 2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
rock the world, one fight at a time
Hey, good idea, I'll work on this.

Also, since you guys mentioned it, it's true that sometimes the multiple uploader hickups and doesn't allow for more than a few uploads per try, but it's not something I can control. Most likely it's because the forum can't handle such large uploads at a single time, but I'm not even really sure. You'll have to keep uploading them bit by bit.

As for the remover thing, I'll probably make it upload a blank 128*128 texture for every selected item.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
Hey, good idea, I'll work on this.

Also, since you guys mentioned it, it's true that sometimes the multiple uploader hickups and doesn't allow for more than a few uploads per try, but it's not something I can control. Most likely it's because the forum can't handle such large uploads at a single time, but I'm not even really sure. You'll have to keep uploading them bit by bit.

As for the remover thing, I'll probably make it upload a blank 128*128 texture for every selected item.

Alright,

Nice to know something is being done about it.
Good job on the multi uploader i must say.

Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
Last time I checked, it lets you upload up to 7 simultaneous 512x512 textures at once.

Well as Yoyo said it could be an issue with the forum itself.
Aside from that, I've only had the liberty of uploading on a 512 head aswell as a 256 body simultaneously, and as far as I know, it usually hicks up and uploads only a couple of 256s and sometimes the head may be left out, or, it may upload the head alone.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Damn yoyo, always love when that happens, I love this option.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.