Ranking
Original Post
/banip command
kingsta and faint thought of it and I conquer. Seems like simple coding as well.
It would be much easier than the current ip banning process.
People HATE when sentences don't end the way they

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about,nor am I saying the point you've made is nonsense,because obviously you know more about this stuff than i do,clearly.

Now,
My point is that we have the ability to ip ban users ingame when we are op.
You say it's useless due to reasons stated above.

That's fine and all, but what I getting at is, adding the feature burned spoke about is just to make it easier to do so, as opposed to typing it out.

Take into consideration the nudging system,
Instead of nudging a person from 4th-10th you can simply type /nudge nigma 10, or /nudge 10 nigma, i forget avhjvdkhbcxsxv

Anyways, there's also the kicking system.
Instead of /kick player4, we have /kick nigma.

Technically this is all useless shortcuts, but it's still handy to have around, just like the /banip PersonX would be.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Nudging/kicking/name banning etc can be done by right clicking a person's name - which is what the OP is after having IP banning added to

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
He used the "/" hinting that it's a written command, where does it say that he wants it to be added to that list specifically?
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
@skul

whenever I use the onscreen commands it kicks/nudges/bans the wrong person, therefore I use the written command like 99% of the rest of the toribash community.
Plus this would be fairly easy to implement and seems like it would be useful, therefore, though your statement is true, this would still be a good thing to add, imo.
People HATE when sentences don't end the way they

The right click menu is a bit dodgy at the best of times, but skul still has a point.
Regular users have little to no use for an ingame ip ban. If it gets to the stage where one is required, you guys usually call in a gm to deal with it, in which case a forum ban can be dealt out or whatever the case requires.
It's not like there isn't a command, it's still there, you just don't need it enough to make it any more accessible.
Also, the use of / just means it's a command, not that it's written.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
I fully support this, even though the proxy thing would be an issue, this would be useful for some of the "less intelligent" spammers and trolls.
Originally Posted by Burnedbug View Post
@skul

whenever I use the onscreen commands it kicks/nudges/bans the wrong person, therefore I use the written command like 99% of the rest of the toribash community.

Heh, they take some getting used to. Just remember that you have to keep hold of the right button & let go on the correct option - also note that some GPUs skew the pointer coordinates if you're playing full screen.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I've just seen this, yes me and Faint were talking about this. As a host of a tourney we had to ip ban someone. I just simply stated it would be much easier for a host to just write '/ipban <user>' rather than '/ban <ip>', it would just make the process quicker instead of writing it out.
If the player consistently comes back after being ip banned then it wouldn't make any difference from a regular '/ban <ip>', the problem would still be there with or without the new command. In that case further action will have to be taken place, obviously.

It was just a simple suggestion, and would probably make the /ban <ip> command much easier and quicker to use.
The major plus that comes with this idea, in my opinion, is that it respects integrity a little more. I don't think regular users should be able to see others IPs, however easy it might be to check it outside of TB.

As for the proxy problem, just disallow people from entering without showing their ip?
I'm sure it would cause a lot of nagging and bitching, but in the end you're the one in control of whether you use proxys or not.
And just in the potentional scenario that you want to play with a friend who doesn't want to remove his proxy, there could be a command to disable it.
And yes, I just said that we should ban proxy users after pledging for integrity. I did.
I'm a bit confused on what we're rambling about. Normal Users with OP can IP ban people... Asking for a simpler way is impossible unless you want /status [User]

/status (shows all IPs)
/ban [InsertIP]

or am i reading something wrong
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...