Ranking
Original Post
[Tutorial] An Illustrated Guide to Clean Screenshots
Hey Everyone,

I've noticed that many texture artists who put out previews in their auctions/sales often have very cluttered screenshots. IMO, the cleanliness of your preview can really help or hinder your sale, so I put this quick guide to taking good screenshots together... Enjoy and please comment if you liked this or it helped you.

REVISION NOTES:

- For some commands to work, you must have version 3.7 or later.
- To remove flames, use the command "/option particles 0"
- To remove the game name in the bottom left corner, hit escape to toggle the menu and then again to go back.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Aug 28, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Don't forget, /opt hud 0

and go to the menu, and get back to the single player game to remove the "game" button, if you like.

nice tut
Originally Posted by OK9ZERA View Post
Don't forget, /opt hud 0

and go to the menu, and get back to the single player game to remove the "game" button, if you like.

nice tut

/opt hud 0 is in there.

And thanks for the hint on the game button. I usually crop my images smaller, but if someone wanted the whole screen, that's a great solution.
Oop, yeah didn't see that.

Anyway, this should help some people, but the ironic thing is that the people who need to read this the most are probably not going to.

Off topic: Also, that kick is probably the worst replay to preview with XD

It's "split kick" by Lazor'd, isn't it?
didn't know about the bruise and blood one

I'm guilty of clutter, but only cuz they were in the handy edges and it wasn't the final screenie

Freecam is a must though ^_^

every set maker should have it!

great tut, novi
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Thanks DJ. Don't feel bad about not knowing about Bruise... Gman apparently didn't know (or forgot) until I told him
Excellent tut man! However you might wanna /opt particles, doesn't apply in some cases.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
forgot about the esc x2 things

I said that already. Kind of.