Toribash
Original Post
Marketplace
Hi, web version of the new market system is now public!
Community voting on 5.53 update focus

Marketplace

New features and changes compared to legacy auto market:

• Ability to submit purchase requests
    Looking to buy an item but there's nobody selling it right now? Prices too high and you want to save 100 more TC?
    Now you can place a request to buy an item and once someone puts it on sale for your desired price you'll instantly get it!

• User shops
    They show overall market stats, they have all sale offers and purchase requests neatly displayed - and they can be customized!

• Market tax
    As we expect new market to take a hit on shop sales once it's made available in game client, there's a 10% tax on all regular sales.
    While this would mean buyers need to pay a higher price / sellers get slightly less TC than they would in current system, we believe that the overall better market experience and its wider availability outweigh the disadvantages of taxing. And what's more important, market tax will allow us to battle TC inflation by creating a reliable TC sink.

• Market premium
    This is a paid subscription that allows you to sell items without market fee, sell no-qi items (buyers pay extra ST based on insufficient Qi) and customize your shop with a promo image and a description. Premium shops also get randomly featured on market home above sale offers / purchase requests.

Old automated market and "market" section of inventory would be still available until 5.53 is released and new system is bug free. After that, new system would completely take over its place. Market section on forums is going to remain unaffected by this change.

There are some more UX changes planned to the new system which will be done over the next week or two. If you've got suggestions on any improvements / changes, please let us know in this thread.
If you encounter any bugs, also make sure to post here so I can fix them.

Market subscription's price will be adjusted after 5.53 release as we measure market activity to determine a fair price. For now, it will be available at a $5/3mo price on PayPal (non-recurring): https://forum.toribash.com/payments.php
First addition/ fix suggestion: improving choose item from inventory listing f.e with dropdowns.

"Choose item from your inventory" item list that you get, when you go to create new sale offer could benefit from dropdowns or such. This would allow us to hide lot of items we don't want to sell by default.

For example I don't have that much stuff on my deactive/active, but the list is already quite long from items that I don't want to sell. Imagine those guys who have like 500 of x item sets.. possibly 500 items they gotta scroll by every time.

So I suggest that sets and possibly active inventory could be within a unopened dropdown by default, so that you can then manage which items to display and list lenght stays reasonable even with bigger inventories.

(Alternatively, I suppose that ability to list item for sale from inventory would work too since there set contents are already collapsed by default and you got item images too as bonus (maybe easier to find items with them))

Second addition: Adding links to view item on new market to items in inventory.

Viewing new market prices of items that are on other players inventory is bit awkward now. One gotta pretty much have another tab open and input names to search manually for each item.

Adding link to view item on new market too to each item would safe quite lot effort especially if you want check prices of lot of items. (Prices may wary between marketplaces so checking both is often needed)
Last edited by joope1; Oct 20, 2021 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Typo fixes
Some item links inaccessible / unclickable on mobile

On mobile, on anyone's shop page at sections "My sale offers" and "My purchase requests", some item links are inaccessible.

This seems to be caused by that "On market since x" popup blocking the link completely in some occasions. Blocking happens even while this element isn't visible which makes some links inaccessible.

On my device for example "toxic user text" Item's link is fully behind the popup, so clicking any part of the link won't do anything (often it is only partially blocked and only within that blocked area link doesn't work).

Flipping phone to change orientation can often make problematic link at least partially accessible, but it is still pretty inconvinient.

Maybe like 20% of my items had >60% of the link blocked so it isn't that rare either

Tested on: Oneplus 8 (quite big screen for mobile) android, chrome
Last edited by joope1; Oct 28, 2021 at 03:06 AM.
I want to congratulate the team behind the new shop, it works very smooth and it has a lot of cool features that the previous shop did not have.
I am personally in love with the "buy request" feature. I did not encounter any bug/glitch aside from those that were already mentioned above.

I just wish it was 2012 back again, so I could spend time marketing.
Possibly add the ability to choose how many of X item you want to buy.

Example:

400 Chronos Grips on sale.

I have to buy 1 at a time instead of just choosing a price and it buys all of the available ones at that price.
If you want to buy 400 items of same type, it's worth considering contacting some seller who's going to sell you that amount of items.
Just keep in mind that I'm only going to consider adding features that the majority of players can use, ability to buy dozens of items at once doesn't fall into that category.

Also some stuff I haven't announced here, there's been a few updates this Monday:
  • Fixed bug with purchase potentially getting you a different item (same itemid and price, different inventid) than you originally wanted
  • "Search in market" button in website inventory now opens item page in new market
  • "Market items" button in shop shell now opens your market shop page
  • Ability to set price for item from website inventory has been removed
  • Market inventory has been removed from website inventory type dropdown

All items that you still had in the old market are currently still marked as "on sale" in the system - this is done so you can quickly migrate them to new market from your Marketplace shop page.
Any items not migrated by December 1st, 2021 will be put in your deactivated inventory.
Small announcement regarding Market Premium subscription: it's going to become more expensive starting early 2022, so if you are still planning to get it at the old price, this month is a good time to do so.
Agreed regarding the search utilities, it's quite hard to surf through new/interesting items. It would be incredible to have an option to scroll through a flow of items sorted by listing chronology, just as in the legacy market or smth akin.
Last edited by imp; Dec 12, 2021 at 03:25 PM.