Toribash
Original Post
[ART] Some School Projects in Year 7
Album of my projects

I'll describe what I've done to the individuals

#1: Screwdriver

#2: Roman

Criticism always appreciated but please, be constructive. Don't say 'EVERYTHING IS BAD!!!'. It will get me nowhere. Pinpoint stuff that's good AND bad.

Also, keep in mind I'm only Year 7.
I'm also wondering if I should to Art for my GCSE's and I'll also be taking media and music. Tell me if I should in a side note
Last edited by Nagato; Jan 21, 2014 at 11:09 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
are you 12?
Cause if you are, keep practising cause it's a good begining
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
are you 12?
Cause if you are, keep practising cause it's a good begining

Gee... thanks . Is there anything I can improve on those?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Nagato9757 View Post
Is there anything I can improve on those?

everything.
Id give you a detailed break down, but Id pretty much come off as the ultimate dick.
just... draw more...
if you really want to improve fast, hit youtube for some lessons and demonstrations.
keep looking at other artists work, see what theyr doing and how theyr doing it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
everything.
Id give you a detailed break down, but Id pretty much come off as the ultimate dick.
just... draw more...
if you really want to improve fast, hit youtube for some lessons and demonstrations.
keep looking at other artists work, see what theyr doing and how theyr doing it.

Thanks

I'm currently learning from Mark Crilley and asked my parents to get me his mastering manga book. I'm currently working on a project inspired by 'Michael Craig Martin'. I'll post it when I'm finished

I'm currently working on a level 5c iirc. That was just from a mock test from th start of the year though. Not sure if I improved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Had a look at his youtube channel, cant say im really a fan of Mark Crilley.
his techniques are quite standard and in terms of teaching from a practical perspective, he doesnt go in depth enough for you to actually learn.
Tells you what he's doing rather than why hes doing it.

you seem interested in his manga work, but Id still recommend some buying some books on technique, rather than something specific
learning how to use a specific medium like pencil or something
understanding basics of theory like lighting, contrast and anatomy

learn how to draw befor you learn how to draw something specific.
once you understand the basics of theory and technique, moving over to something like manga is easy.

try copying the final product of one of that Mark Crilley guys drawings and compare when youre finished, then watch the time lapse and figure out what youre doing wrong in your own terms
its easier when you have context
Last edited by BenDover; Jan 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-