Toribash
Original Post
Pledge loan
If someone need TC atm he can loan them from other guy and return more TC that he loned after some time. For be sure that TC will be returned the loaner send to creditor some items and if tc not returned in agreed time loaner owns the items. To prevent from creditor just take the items before time of returning they must be locked in credtor's acc. Safetrade system after little upgrade can be used for loans like this.
Example of request from loaner side: Loaner add pledge(items), amount of returned tc and time(lets say 2 days) when tc must be returned. Creditor check the items, time and sum. If he ok with that he add tc and updateinf loan request. Now loaner cheking updated request and if accepteing this his items locked in loan system for 2 days. If loaner didnt returned tc that have to return in 2 days, items unlocked and removing into the creditor's deactivated inventory.
I wouldn't say we loan from players, but a bank.
The bank works like real life, except when TC is transferred into your account it automatically goes into the bank to transfer the payment so you don't have the choice to spend it. This system eliminates chasing down people for TC, limits abuse and I don't think it would be much of a problem to code.

I also think that you should have a limit on your loan, like how much TC you get on average per month. Kind of how real banks limit your loans so you actually have the regular income to pay off the debt.

I support it if the system would work like this, the other way is too much effort
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
The simplest example is when someone have not enough TC right now to buy some desirable item. Also loaning TC for hosting betting server.
Even current GM event Rags to Riches would be more interesting if system like this was existed.

Which ones?

Really? You just want tc. First of all, this just grants a noobs wish of tc. Ruines ethic. Second of all, what is to keep someone from selling the tc for money? Third, all this is doing is getting people banned. No benefits what so ever.

You should have read everything I said the first time.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
Really? You just want tc. First of all, this just grants a noobs wish of tc. Ruines ethic. Second of all, what is to keep someone from selling the tc for money? Third, all this is doing is getting people banned. No benefits what so ever.

You should have read everything I said the first time.

Way to ignore a comment providing a better system
Originally Posted by Organs View Post
Way to ignore a comment providing a better system

Please explain why this would help the system. Other than, you get free tc.
Originally Posted by Organs View Post
I wouldn't say we loan from players, but a bank.
The bank works like real life, except when TC is transferred into your account it automatically goes into the bank to transfer the payment so you don't have the choice to spend it. This system eliminates chasing down people for TC, limits abuse and I don't think it would be much of a problem to code.

I also think that you should have a limit on your loan, like how much TC you get on average per month. Kind of how real banks limit your loans so you actually have the regular income to pay off the debt.

I support it if the system would work like this, the other way is too much effort

sounds okay to me

if you fail to pay back your loan (with interest) your account gets banned for a while, as well as things you bought with the loaned tc gets sent back. there should probably be limitations on how you can use the tc though. for instance, it would be easier to keep track of items bought with loans if they were bought only in the market or the torishop. that means even if you get loaned tc you can't transfer it all over the place to make it harder for it to get sunk back if you don't pay if off.

if this is done right it should be fine
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
if you fail to pay back your loan (with interest) your account gets banned for a while

This is not what I mean. I talk about kind of delayed item selling which have 4 things: loan, loan+interest, pledge and expiration time. You fail to pay back loan + interest untill time is up - your item unlocked to the inventory of guy that loaned u tc. Ban is not needed here at all. There is no place to any scam. Like no place to scam in safetrade deals.
I still don't see why it would be nessisary to have this. I guess there could be a licensed system with an actual bank, but all this is doing is giving free tc out to everyone. It will become too complicated and is almost destined for falure.

With that said, why am I posing here? x) Good luck with the idea! Not trying to rain on you. Just making it clear.
If you think the TC is free you don't know how the system works.
Did you know that banks make money? Have you ever wondered how?

You're essentially saying I could pull a million dollars out of the bank for free and keep it, no charge. This isn't how it works.

Consider using basic logic before providing arguments on a subject you're not educated on.
Play nice.
Last edited by Lazors; May 16, 2014 at 12:37 AM.