Toribash
Original Post
Single Player Campaign Ideas
It get boring sometimes when your making replays your just uninspired and a lot of times I look and edit the permanent replays. But after a while, that gets boring to the point where I do the tutorial again. Soon enough, I noticed that the permanent replays helped me a lot when I played it at first. So I thought, why not make more of these helpful replays. This idea Allows people to click single player option so that they can fight against a non-user controlled tori. It would help a lot when your starting out since you know no moves of any kind what so ever and for somebody who is more advanced in the game, they will have harder challenges. Thanks for reading my idea.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
I have honestly wanted something like this myself quk. The better part of the community does. But I think at the moment they are more concerned on fixing multyplayer (ping issues, ghosting, etc.). I believe hampa is also working on making it so more players can play in a game, such as a 4-way game with 4 different people fighting. Don't forget about this idea though. I would love to see it happen.
I'm just gamin' man
It is a very good idea IF it can happen.
I believe this is impossible since the computer cant be smart enough to do something wich will save him from losing
The computer tori can only do moves wich it memorized but if you hit it with a small poke then it will most likely fail his moves because it cant react to his current balance/position

But if somebody is a fucking god in coding and can make it happen... then this is the game of the year
Maybe they don't have to make it a computer. What if they teach you moves and show you how to counter them and then leave you to your own devices to see how you can apply the move.
TL;DR Make AI for Toribash

If you really want to learn you can just go online and ask someone to coach you in your favorite mod.
Most people are happy to help you learn how to play.
Doesn't matter if it's supported, it's not gonna happen.
Last edited by Hattersin; Dec 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
I think that just like Call of duty, people are going to be unimpressed by the campaign and still switch to MP.

Not supported.
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I think that just like Call of duty, people are going to be unimpressed by the campaign and still switch to MP.

Not supported.

Nobody said they had to play the MP. It would be more of a reference point. So people have some sort of base to start their fights off with some type of move. I've seen a lot of people lose just because they held all and extended an ankle. With this new system in place, you would learn a move and then actually have a solid strategy as a noob. Teachers can't teach you everything plus they can teach you it wrong. Of course, certain moves are good but the trainer would need to know the play style before it really can show. As well as the fact that you have 30 minutes to learn a whole move and use it effectively. Not happening.
This was asked before, and it was declined. Why?
Because it can be hard to program an A.I. that can be programmed to do what each frame, it's not like programming a unit to move to this place etc...
Tori's have joints, which is the hard part, but time can come if this actually happens.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
This was asked before, and it was declined. Why?
Because it can be hard to program an A.I. that can be programmed to do what each frame, it's not like programming a unit to move to this place etc...
Tori's have joints, which is the hard part, but time can come if this actually happens.

Yet they still did it in the tutorial. If they went the whole entire game coding everything, how hard is it for Hampa to make a replay of a move that dq's the opponent, saves it, changes the name to Uke in notepad and then implent it into a update as a level
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
Yet they still did it in the tutorial. If they went the whole entire game coding everything, how hard is it for Hampa to make a replay of a move that dq's the opponent, saves it, changes the name to Uke in notepad and then implent it into a update as a level

In tutorials, uke doesn't have any sort of AI.
These are just predefined move combinations that are randomly chosen each fight.