Toribash
Original Post
Joint textures re-imagined
Lets just cut to the chase, there should be two textures for joint textures, you should already know, a relax texture and a force texture, with this you can get better sets, more creative sets, simply just cooler sets.

so what do you think, support, semi-support or no support?

(If this idea does fall through I would really like the full set)
Unsupported

There are already way to many textures to be downloaded from each individual player already, no reason to increase the downloads now.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
There's already like 24 textures per person, what's 1 more? It's cached anyway.

EDIT: Really it would be nice if textures were cached by hash instead of person wouldn't it. Maybe immutable textures will exist in the future.
Last edited by GnilRettemHC; Apr 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM.
Its not just one more though, it would be 20 textures.

21 regular textures, 20 regular joint textures, then 20 more joint textures with his idea.

Then there are also the other textures to include like dq, trails, ground, flame textures, icon, head avatar, thats 9 more.

Not to mention there are also textures for each 3D item you're wearing, and the item data files to go along with it.

Keep in mind this is just for one person, you have to download this for every player you meet.
Last edited by Kohta; Apr 30, 2016 at 02:09 PM.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
well, this idea isn't nice one,
1. the items will be too many(40 joints textures)
2. if it is done, artists would be lazy to make 40 joints texture instead of 20 + body textures so, it will be useless
3. uploading them will take much time and would be annoying.
4. the community and game will be loading too much items which are semi useless items.

~not supported
I am Back :>
Feel free to pm me about any Art request.
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Unsupported

There are already way to many textures to be downloaded from each individual player already, no reason to increase the downloads now.

Originally Posted by GnilRettemHC View Post
There's already like 24 textures per person, what's 1 more? It's cached anyway.

EDIT: Really it would be nice if textures were cached by hash instead of person wouldn't it. Maybe immutable textures will exist in the future.

Its not just one more though, it would be 20 textures.

21 regular textures, 20 regular joint textures, then 20 more joint textures with his idea.

Then there are also the other textures to include like dq, trails, ground, flame textures, icon, head avatar, thats 9 more.

Not to mention there are also textures for each 3D item you're wearing, and the item data files to go along with it.

Keep in mind this is just for one person, you have to download this for every player you meet.

Originally Posted by 00Assassin00 View Post
well, this idea isn't nice one,
1. the items will be too many(40 joints textures)
2. if it is done, artists would be lazy to make 40 joints texture instead of 20 + body textures so, it will be useless
3. uploading them will take much time and would be annoying.
4. the community and game will be loading too much items which are semi useless items.

~not supported

??????

if you think artists are lazy because making more textures would be annoying, why ever add joint textures in the first place?
join textures being discolored and being the same over everything is kind of stupid and boring, something like this would be cool

imagine the possibilities lol
Did you even read the previous comments?

If artist don't want to make textures for them then whats the point in having them.

Not to mention you skipped over the fact that I pointed out about how much you would have to download per player. Its an unrealistic amount that would take up way to much space. Hampa and other devs have already stated in the past that they don't want to do anything that would add massive amounts of more textures to each player's custom folder. You can't ask people to download that much.
semi-support
Joint textures implemented bad.
Bright picture on void lax/force looks void. Mad highlighting when cursor on joint. That need fix. But doubling size of joints textures sounds like bad idea. As alternative I suggest cut joint texture resolution on 2, and instead have one 512x512 joint textures to have 2 512x256 textures (placed on one image or not), one for force another for lax. We dont need joints to be in the same resolution as bodyparts since joints usually smaller.
If artist don't want to make textures for them then whats the point in having them.

this isn't even an argument
Not to mention you skipped over the fact that I pointed out about how much you would have to download per player. Its an unrealistic amount that would take up way to much space. Hampa and other devs have already stated in the past that they don't want to do anything that would add massive amounts of more textures to each player's custom folder. You can't ask people to download that much.

Legit question, could it be possible to turn off downloading of certain textures/all textures in the options? Like if I hated joint textures so I just turned off downloading custom joint textures in the options so I can only see normal body textures?