Ranking
Original Post
Organization Outreach
Hey guys, I've got some questions for you

So we have been looking over organizations for a little while now. There are some orgs like TMMA, Indonizer, OBT, ORMO, unofficial orgs, etc. that go through spurs of activity, but the majority of them are either super inactive or dead. With the new forum overhaul coming soon, we're trying to figure out a better way to organize organizations (see what I did there? not funny? didn't laugh? okay). With places that have relaxed rules existing like Off Topic; we could condense orgs down and put them there. Another alternative would be to delete them outright, and give certain orgs a sub-forum relevant to what they do (i.e. ORMO getting a sub-forum in Replays).

What do you guys think about organizations? In their current state, they're really a big mess and don't serve any function. What I'd like to know from you guys is:

How much do you value organizations?

What could be changed about organizations in order for them to be fun and functional? (I did it again somebody please stop me)

Would you be satisfied with any of the potential solutions listed above? If so, which one?

If there's any other ideas you'd like to share regarding organizations, I encourage you to share those as well.

Here's a poll with a free response section included if you don't want to post here: CLICK ME!
w
I always liked the org section but as you said it's pretty dead so I hope there is an alternative rather than deleting it completely, I think it has more to do with the people in the community though not really how it's managed but I could be wrong
I apologise for this post.
Maybe do the 2 options?, orgs could changed it's state with a fun, free and family friendly spot (not so family friendly, Toribash isn't Disney xd) where people could talk about anything (like a mini wibbles section). Also some official orgs could have it's own sub-forum inside it's speciality (ORMO = replays, oficial drawing orgs = art, official sample text org = sample text board), and a org check could be implemented (like the clan one but not so hardcore, kerchow) to avoid dead official orgs with inactive subforums (also an "orgs archive" could be added, to put some useful stuff that each official dead or alive org have achieved [ORMO example: replaymaking tutorials, replaymaking help threads, etc]). Well, that's all i got now, maybe gonna post some more ideas later xd, thanks for reading uwu.
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Get rid of every org that isn't active; 100% of orgs are now active
Can I has smod please, thanks
oh yeah
If we'd go by that standard of "oh it's not active then let's just delete it", might aswell delete the entire forums by that point.

Leave pegs as they are, calling them inactive and useless is kinda dumb considering 90% of anything that happens forumwise is ten times more active in Discord groups.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
I think orgs must be separated. Inactive things must be deleted.
Ormo - represents the important for toribash, replaymaking discipline and that org should have a proper sub-forum. First in queue.

Something like TMMA (ex-team aikido) - trying to use toribash possibilities to play a matches with real-life techniques (via proper mods), so it stays in the same line, a bit. That org have an objective, adequate. But WE have a discord channel, so somehow orgs like that one, maybe, should be mentioned in some "orgs list". Just an idea. We don't use forum that much.

So that's somehow connected to game and that is a part of entertaintment. Everything with concrete objective and logic - must be an official org.

Orgs by language actually is a bit strange. Well, that's ok when you have an org to talk wtih some guys from your country, but i think that stuff should be done in discord. Create a category off top channels for those stuff, like ToriBrazil/RuTori and etc. That can ez allow to find a friends to play with.

Everything not connected to game, as some anime/manga orgs is a weeb shit local interests. Same as some "pcmasterrace org" or "mario 4ever" orgs. That not connected to Toribash game, and it should be in off-top section. I'm sorry, but orgs must be a serious thing.

oh, forgot to say:
sorry, bad at speeches on english language, cuz i am just a sukablyat guy
Last edited by T0n0mi; Sep 12, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
TMMA member here. I would imagine most orgs, like ours, primarily operate out of their discord server and thus the need for dedicated multi thread forums for each org is no longer necessary.

Audit every org to check their activity, what their purpose is and if they’re really contributing to the community or not. If a dead org doesn’t respond within a month - delete them. The remaining orgs can be moved to existing subforums that they relate to.
For example TMMA is very much focused on competitive skill development so we could fit under tutorials.
Other orgs can probably fit into art, marketing, or replay making.
I'm not sure what to do with the language dedicated orgs.

Thats my take on it.
-----
Overall I do agree that the toribash forum should be cut down.

Also random question: I always wondered why the Z in Organizations is Russian?
Last edited by footlox; Sep 12, 2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Having a sense of community even within a community is something that should be available. Though, looking at it from a "staff insider" view, it makes sense to get rid of things people don't use. I can't fault the thought of getting rid of the orgs because honestly, they've been neglected by staff and normal users for some time. My thoughts boil down to what l0lix said, maybe a bit different on the numbers, but just the concept here.

Originally Posted by l0lix View Post
Maybe do the 2 options?, orgs could changed it's state with a fun, free and family friendly spot (not so family friendly, Toribash isn't Disney xd) where people could talk about anything (like a mini wibbles section). Also some official orgs could have it's own sub-forum inside it's speciality (ORMO = replays, oficial drawing orgs = art, official sample text org = sample text board), and a org check could be implemented (like the clan one but not so hardcore, kerchow) to avoid dead official orgs with inactive subforums (also an "orgs archive" could be added, to put some useful stuff that each official dead or alive org have achieved [ORMO example: replaymaking tutorials, replaymaking help threads, etc]). Well, that's all i got now, maybe gonna post some more ideas later xd, thanks for reading uwu.

More in client integration with orgs similar to clans could be a start. Lesser meaning clubs could have a place if it was presented in this way. (The casual player that doesn't go on the forum) As an example, just a super general AikidoBigDojo club, open invite perhaps. In-client page where owners/officers can modify the page with org logos, events they might want to pump out for people in the org, MOTD, direction to the forum page for the complete view (official orgs)... We already have a base model because we have clans displayed within the client, orgs should be very similar when it comes to the code. Run some very relaxed activity checks to see if they're completely dead or not.

Here's a little mock up

Users can search for orgs for whatever they want, within client. Guy really likes judo? Judo org. Porgutuese and Brazilian org? It can be there.

I'd hate to see these go, but they also need a purpose for them to stay...

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Tbh in the 7 and so years i've been around i think i only visited that sub forum like 5 times and posted like only 1 time in one of the org i liked. Right now they are mostly dead and nobody really uses them, expect maybe the really active ones. If you actually wanna keep them as a thing, DELETE and here i really mean it all the dead useless ones and add a rule like the clans (if there is already one sorry i didn't know it) where you have to pay to create an org (a big fee tbh so not every single pleb can make one) and actually give the orgs some things to do after to remain official, active and not get deleted.