Ranking
Original Post
Theft
This is not an off-topic thread at all, but discussion board is deleted.

Is there a society in the world, in which theft is not a crime? I don’t think there is one. It certainly is a crime in yours, whoever you are. Only thing about it that seems to vary from country to country is how severe the punishment for it is.

This brings us to our community and its ways of dealing with theft. I’m sure, most of you have already seen the thread created by a victim of theft a few days ago. It was closed by staff members immediately with the reasoning that it would bring hate upon the person who stole the money. On top of that, the thief suffered no punishment for his despicable actions at all.

Strange situation, right? It appears that in this community you can steal and get away with it, but you cannot talk about it?

I would like to hear your opinions on this situation, and the following questions in particular:

- Why does our community tolerate theft, when everywhere in the world it is considered a crime?
- Do you agree that thieves’ actions should not be exposed, because it may bring hate upon them?
- Do you agree that thieves' actions should not be discussed, because it may be offensive to them?
- Do you agree that people should get banned for things like slurs and toxicity(not to bring up my experiences, where I was getting banned on suspicion of striking a fair deal) but not for blatant theft?

To clarify what constitutes theft, I think there is a very good description of it on Wikipedia:

To staff members viewing this: this post is not breaking this board’s rules or global rules. Everybody will listen to and respect your opinion, if you decide to join the discussion. I ask you to treat me and other members with the same respect and refrain from stating your opinion and closing the thread right after.
Why does our community tolerate theft, when everywhere in the world it is considered a crime?
Our community does not tolerate theft. You can always report a user for wearing a texture that isn't his.

Another thing about theft:
A is a student from a school X that tolerates plagiarism
B is a student from school Y that does not tolerate plagiarism
A transfers to school Y
A plagiarizes a project
Since school Y does not support plagiarism and since he is in school Y, he gets punished by school Y, not by school X

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
best way to handle this situation would be in scam reports, between itemp, deoxer and staff. i dont see why staff would allow a user to be publicly shamed for breaking a rule, as shitty as that alleged infraction may be
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
See, Karstnator, you are exactly the person I’m asking: why do you choose to tolerate theft? You know very well that your clan’s leader stole money from an innocent person. He is a thief. You defend him not because you support theft, but because you are in the same clan. Am I wrong?

Arctic, why should a person who chose to steal from the other person (who BTW was treating him very fairly) be protected from public discussion? In my opinion, if you choose to steal, you forfeit any sort of right to be protected from being brought to public attention. Do you disagree?
I don't have much to say, but anyways...Itemp got caught stealing money (by lies over that), now he have to pay back stolen money and after be held accountable for a crime as any law-breaker in any community. None would let you go if you had robbed the bank and later gave money back.
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
Why are you crying? There was no theft. deoxer sent money voluntarily and accidentally sent too much. There is no precedent anywhere for iTemp to send the money back. I wouldn't have sent it back, either, because it's really on deoxer for not checking the amount of money he was sending, not on iTemp for keeping it.

Maybe you should advise deoxer on how to review a transaction before he makes it, so he doesn't make the same mistake again, instead of literally misguiding the community to make what happened look way worse than it is.

I'd say I expect better from you, but I'd be lying.
I think I might be retired.
It's very funny to me how silent diamond would be on the topic if it was the other way around....

I still don't think you understand that this game doesn't supports usd duels.... so when you are dueling usd with someone, you're dueling at your own risk. No matter what happens toribash will not be held any responsibility.

I'm not saying I support theft at all and I don't think the community does too, they just can't do anything to help the situation. I feel like you are just making this thread out of pure hatred for itemp. I know for a fact if someone in your clan did something like itemp did (which I can 100% name a few people who would) you would not be talking at all and if you were it would be in there defense.

also to add: theft is stealing from someone, not refusing to give back what was given to you.

I'm sorry but this whole thing just seems stupid and biased with your known hatred for itemp and you trying to defend your clan member simply because he's in your clan.
Last edited by Levi; Aug 17, 2020 at 04:36 AM.
I like ya cut g.
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
See, Karstnator, you are exactly the person I’m asking: why do you choose to tolerate theft? You know very well that your clan’s leader stole money from an innocent person. He is a thief. You defend him not because you support theft, but because you are in the same clan. Am I wrong?

Arctic, why should a person who chose to steal from the other person (who BTW was treating him very fairly) be protected from public discussion? In my opinion, if you choose to steal, you forfeit any sort of right to be protected from being brought to public attention. Do you disagree?

I did not explicitly say that I tolerate theft.
Also, you're saying that I know something which I dont know which offends me.
You offended me with the first paragraph, wont even read the second.
Also, are you indirectly calling me poor?

I am offended by your shallow and appalling psychological capacity.
Last edited by Karstnator; Aug 17, 2020 at 04:57 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
This is not an off-topic thread at all, but discussion board is deleted.

Is there a society in the world, in which theft is not a crime? I don’t think there is one. It certainly is a crime in yours, whoever you are. Only thing about it that seems to vary from country to country is how severe the punishment for it is.

This brings us to our community and its ways of dealing with theft. I’m sure, most of you have already seen the thread created by a victim of theft a few days ago. It was closed by staff members immediately with the reasoning that it would bring hate upon the person who stole the money. On top of that, the thief suffered no punishment for his despicable actions at all.

Strange situation, right? It appears that in this community you can steal and get away with it, but you cannot talk about it?

I would like to hear your opinions on this situation, and the following questions in particular:

- Why does our community tolerate theft, when everywhere in the world it is considered a crime?
- Do you agree that thieves’ actions should not be exposed, because it may bring hate upon them?
- Do you agree that thieves' actions should not be discussed, because it may be offensive to them?
- Do you agree that people should get banned for things like slurs and toxicity(not to bring up my experiences, where I was getting banned on suspicion of striking a fair deal) but not for blatant theft?

To staff members viewing this: this post is not breaking this board’s rules or global rules. Everybody will listen to and respect your opinion, if you decide to join the discussion. I ask you to treat me and other members with the same respect and refrain from stating your opinion and closing the thread right after.

Why does our community tolerate theft, when everywhere in the world it is considered a crime?
There has been multiple scams of usd back in the day that staff has dealt with and handled correctly even if SOME poorly, but i have not heard of anyone stealing in this game? Did i personally go into the users bank account and take anything from him? No i didn't really think so

Up to the people to expose them or not, don't think the thieves will care what you think about them and such

yeah why not, although i still don't understand where the blatant theft is coming from
I still see this wholeeeee post as a hate thread for me especially coming from you diamond, if the situation was turned around i don't think you would have defended me in any way possible nor had made this post in off topic. I guess i really do live in your head rent free diamond jeez
Yall are saying that it is deoxer's fault for sending the money -_-

This is fucking stupid to say. He made a mistake by sending him way much more money than he deserves, and itemp took advantage of it to keep the mo ey he doesn't deserve, that isn't rightfully his, therefore it is robbery -_-

Can you keep money accidentally paid into your bank account?

In a nutshell, no. Legally, if a sum of money is accidentally paid into your bank or savings account and you know it doesn't belong to you, then you must pay it back.

Why you cannot keep it

Keeping any money wrongly credited to your account could lead to you being charged with retaining wrongful credit' under the Theft Act 1968.
You could be guilty of an offence if a wrongful credit is made to your account and:
  • You know the credit has been made incorrectly
  • You don't take steps to to cancel the credit

What not to do

No matter how tempting it is, don't immediately go out and spend the money.
Last edited by Fire; Aug 17, 2020 at 06:24 AM.

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang