Toribash
Original Post
Fun allowed in off topic?
Does the off topic forum allow fun?

I've not seen a fun thread here allowed to be left open. They're all very serious and about toribash mostly. This isn't exactly what comes to mind when I think off topic of toribash.

I think it's time to close toribash related threads in off topic and reinforce that you can have fun posting about things that aren't toribash without the thread being closed.

Right now for active threads, we've got toribash thief bashing, wibbles, anime recommendations, clan league memes, abortion and how tb has effected your life. More than half those things are on topic, about toribash, and the other half are not fun. That's why this subforum is dead. It does not promote discussion of off topic content and when the content is off topic the thread is quickly closed and users infracted.
Last edited by sirkill1; Aug 20, 2020 at 08:25 PM.
🫷🦚🫸
I would say a bit of a reform could happen now that you have wibbles refugees out here, towards OT becoming more lax, but I can see how staff might see that move as a bit of a PTSD trigger, because noone wants to deal with that shit, which was half the reason why wibbles got fucked off.
h
You're foreshadowing this thread getting closed.

Also yeah, reopen confessions thread!

#ASAB #ShitpostingLivesMatter
Last edited by Sunther; Aug 20, 2020 at 08:36 PM.

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

In my opinion I think we should defund all off-topic smods
[🥒] x2 🥒x17

https://svntrw.carrd.co

Yet Another Goomba Post/Thread
maybe it's just me, but I think the most important thing about moderating a web forum is making sure that people do not want to post in it
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
maybe it's just me, but I think the most important thing about moderating a web forum is making sure that people do not want to post in it

lmao

i dont understand why the confessions thread was closed. sure, it was being derailed but we could've gotten it back on track just by posting some stupid or serious confessions. the posts that were derailing the thread were silly, though quite harmless

derails can be fixed quite easily by the community imo, unless they are malicious or turn the thread into a wibbles-tier debate. in that case, having a thread closed and posters infracted is pretty justified

ideally, i think that offtopic only shouldnt allow threads that cant provide any sort of conversation and are just lazy shitposts, and smear campaigns - such as that Theft thread, which works as a smear campaign for at least three different people by now

overall, since the only reason why this board has been getting more traction lately is due to the death of wibbles, i dont get why people shouldnt be allowed to have harmless fun and banter here. why try to keep a relatively dead board, such as this one, which allows offtopic discussion, so pure and pristine?
Last edited by Arctic; Aug 20, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
ok i admittedly didnt remember the nature of the posts since i read them at 6am and when i checked the forums again 9 hours later i just saw the "closed" post. so, yeah, they were not as "harmless" as i had remembered and the deletion of those posts would be justified

but i still dont think the thread shouldve been closed as its initial premise was fine. i tried to shift it back to what it was by confessing that i cry listening to komm susser tod or something. i think thats the simplest way to revert the derailing

by asking if the board should be kept pure and pristine, i was asking if all replies should have substance and thought put into them, rather than just replying to threads with a word or a simple phrase. i didnt have those posts, specifically, in mind and i wasnt referring to sexual puritanism or whatever either
Last edited by Arctic; Aug 20, 2020 at 11:22 PM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???