ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The greatest Toribash Player.
I would like to know who you guys think is the best toribash player and why.

This is going to be mainly a discussion type thread, I won't post my opinion for a while cause I want to see what you guys come up with.

I want to know strengths and weaknesses, also what can that player do to become better.

Dargon Moderated Message:
Borrowing this post..

All posts that didn't contribute to the discussion have been deleted.
From now on I will infract such posts.
Consider this your last warning.
Last edited by Dargon; Mar 1, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
Just wanted to give you a +1 for the good thread. Keep it up.

I would have to say Kristis133. I don't go ingame often but from my experience playing with him he's an amazing player. I think what he has is just experience which in turn has given him near technical perfection. He can see a move and anticipate what's going to happen. Where the weight will move to, all of that. I can't think of anything for him to improve on really other than to master all of the mods.
Well the thing I don't like about Krsitis is that his ability to play under pressure.

The last World Championship match was quite a disappointing fight between him and daxx.

It was a Ninjitsu mod(Where you start off in the air and freefall for 55 frames) and you see a simple hold all lame rush move in which didn't really make the fight interesting at all and is probably why he lost to daxx.

In my opinion he needs to improve on how he plays under pressure, I know he probably doesn't feel the pressure but to have to use a simple move because you are scared just doesn't make me quite happy.

Other than that, kristis is a great player, I have seen him duel and what not and when he isn't playing that serious it's actually fun to watch but when the stakes are high and the whole match is full of try pods and hold moves its kind of a let down.
I don't really know who THE best player is, but there are definitely many who could possibly be, such as iRookie. If you've ever seen him play, you would realise that he is good in every single mod ( Well-made mod) in toribash , yeah he can have a bad attitude sometimes but his skill is spectacular.

Opinions?
Art Shop! [TA]<3 [TGO]<3 [r]<3
The thing with irookie, is that he can be good but it always seems like he hardly trys and wants to find the easiest win.

Most of the matches I have seen from irookie have involved high lifts and "lame moves".
Don't get me wrong, they work and he gets the win. It is just not very intertaining to watch.

This is the problem with most players, they play to win not to have fun. You can play to win while still making it interesting for the people who watch.

To be the best I think you need a lot more than just skill, I think you need a great attitude and just the love for the game.
There is none, toribash offers too many paths to follow.
The most complex player (imo) would be Kamiko - godlike wushu and lenshu skills, good at SP as well (all dem ToriOlympics medals), decent enough at other mods. Too bad he's gone.

As for 'current' situation, I'd go with kristis, owca and ticux (random order) - they lack that SP factor, thou.
retired
http://forum.toribash.com/tori.php?username=kamiko

I guess he visits us from time to time, who knows, one day we'll catch him ;o .

I also thing Leyz should be on that *list* .
Art Shop! [TA]<3 [TGO]<3 [r]<3
Leyz only shows good skill in Sp and tk.

At the other mods I find him to be just good.
Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/tori.php?username=kamiko

I guess he visits us from time to time, who knows, one day we'll catch him ;o .

I also thing Leyz should be on that *list* .

Yeah, seen him online then, the thing is, he doesn't play regularly and shows up once in a blue moon :<
retired
ultimation kamiko pops up from time to time, but you can't expect big things now after few years of break.
edit: ^damned ninja