Ranking
Originally Posted by Moonshake View Post
Yeah actually dude there is something called Sumo Wrestling where the actual goal is to push the opponent out of the dojo. Aikido is not much different than that, at all. What I previously said makes sense because I usually play in a way where I anticipate every possible move the opponent can make. Don't want to be lifted? Hook your feet into the ground with extended ankles. Don't want to receive a knee attack? Keep pushing away with your pecs. Hate kicklifts? Force yourself toward the opponent using your shoulders and pecs, having the kick hit behind your body. Stop placing blame on your opponent for lifting you, when you're simply expecting fair play.

I don't think I need you to tell me what to do in certain situations as I have been playing aikido for more than 2 years and know pretty much how to counter most things. I don't think you understand that by me standing against lifting doesn't mean I constantly lose by lifting or don't know how to counter it... I'm against it and it's my opinion, doesn't make me a better or worse player, so please, don't tell me how to play.
Creati0n is the WORST Smite player EVER
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
Lifting is fair. The game let's you do it.

Farming is fair, the game let´s you do it.

I agree with moonshake, lifting is counterable, and is a normal strategy. Maybe considered cheap, but cheap moves can get you the upper hand in a fight, be it here or in real life.
h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Farming is fair, the game let´s you do it.

I agree with moonshake, lifting is counterable, and is a normal strategy. Maybe considered cheap, but cheap moves can get you the upper hand in a fight, be it here or in real life.

You aren't breaking any rules for doing so. So like duck said, if you can win a fight, use it to your advantage.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
If a person shovels, you can counter easily with a suplex. Just take the time to learn how, although I do find it sometimes cheap, it is a legitamate move
Lifting is just annoying as it is, noone can deny that I'd say. The thing is how one handles it. If you see it as a challenge and like trying to counter it, congrats - you are going to improve your gameplay greatly, because the whole game is actually just about trying stuff out and getting a feeling for the joints and mods.

If you can't stand it (like me, I'll be honest ), look for "fair" opponents. I made the experience that higher belts often don't lift or shovel, roughly said. Also most of the super filthy lifters are going to play on the quick aikido servers. If you don't necessarily want to quickly increase your belt, earn a decent amount of TC and have a short waiting queue at the same time, you could just ... oh ... well.

Oooor you play other mods. I was playing aikido only till I was 5th Dan, until Noel introduced me to rk-mma.tbm. Widen your mod-interest, experience the freedom of wushu.tbm and you'll learn so much about your Tori that countering lifts won't even be near a problem for you anymore. That's the only reason why you'll rarely see a high belt, that is experienced in all the other mods next to aikido, going to the off-topic forum to complain about lifting.
basically just a really easy move that everybody gets salty as fuck over when they get their ass slammed bc they've been playing aikido for years and still cant counter it
baha
I SAY:

Whoever has the stronger lift has stronger grounded momentum.

It's a physics game. Learn how to push off the ground better, tis your foundation grasshopper.
It's only cheap when it's repeated a million times to continue a win streak because the competitor knows that no-one can counter his lift.
However, in saying this, it is CHEAP but it is also CLEVER.
If you're about to get killed, you'd hit someone in the balls. Cheap....but clever.
lol