Ranking
Original Post
Alternate accounts in belt-limited rooms
I want to bring your attention to alternate accounts in official rooms. How can it be possible that people feel comfortable saying "yes, I have an black belt called X" in a begginer/intermediate/semipro server? It's like saying "I'm here to farm stats, rank and TC with no difficulty at all, problem?".
I'm not even suggesting that there should be more effort to punish all of this accounts, because that's technically impossible to do. But you can't simply let things pass to the point where doing something that is blatantly against the purpouse of this rooms is not only tolerated by the administration but also regarded as common practice.
The example we are currently being given is that whenever you feel bored it is completely OK to go to a begginer server and own white belts.
Welcome to every game in existence that has a rank limiting system.

Please, enjoy your stay.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Even though this looks like something more suited for Off-topic, I do understand your point.
If I remember correctly, this used to be covered by the ToriAgents (no idea how efficient they were in doing this though), and now it should supposedly be done by the GMs.

I'm guessing GMs don't have enough personnel for this right now, but in my opinion it shouldn't go unaddressed if it happens frequently. Getting some more GMs to sit in beginner servers once in a while could help.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Welcome to every game in existence that has a rank limiting system.

Please, enjoy your stay.

So, if other game have hackers, we shouldn't bother dealing with them either?

Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Even though this looks like something more suited for Off-topic, I do understand your point.
If I remember correctly, this used to be covered by the ToriAgents (no idea how efficient they were in doing this though), and now it should supposedly be done by the GMs.

I'm guessing GMs don't have enough personnel for this right now, but in my opinion it shouldn't go unaddressed if it happens frequently. Getting some more GMs to sit in beginner servers once in a while could help.

Oh, it is not practical to rely on guards. Admins could simply search the public room chat logs for the word "alt" and they'll find dozens of accounts who openly admit it. Thye wouldn't find all the alts who do this, because not everyone is so stupid to break the rules and tell everybody, but it's still better than nothing.
It's a fact of life, if you go into a beginner server, there's at least 2 alts in there
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Alts can't fight in the higher belt rooms, so it's unavoidable.

Yep. Think of a couple possibilities for me. People that played forever and ever ago who cant remember there account passes have to make new accounts. because they have no tc, items, and sense enough not to purchase it they can goto 1 of 3 different places. They can goto a old friend to get tc if there are still any playing. they can goto tourneys, which for some people is a waste of time since you only get paid if you win all the games and if there are enough games. the last option is to goto a official sever. Because of there lacking in qi they goto a beginner server. It is also impossible for them to play in high qi servers until they ofc gain the needed qi. They should be punished? there are some cases which arent fair to anyone like the one I presented.
There are some things the staff has done to keep skilled players from going to a beginner server under a alt, there is a tc transfer were you must have a certain qi level to transfer tc. It was at one time brown belt but that idea was rejected and the needed qi lowered. Admins also USED to ban people with excessive alts. Im unaware if that is still done. I admit its unfair but you really cant do anything, try going to servers like tourney's were everyone is welcome, or just plain old normal servers.
There is nothing wrong with this. It isn't farming if it's just an alt, but if it's your new main, then it could be considered unfair.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Yep. Think of a couple possibilities for me. People that played forever and ever ago who cant remember there account passes have to make new accounts. because they have no tc, items, and sense enough not to purchase it they can goto 1 of 3 different places. They can goto a old friend to get tc if there are still any playing. they can goto tourneys, which for some people is a waste of time since you only get paid if you win all the games and if there are enough games. the last option is to goto a official sever. Because of there lacking in qi they goto a beginner server. It is also impossible for them to play in high qi servers until they ofc gain the needed qi. They should be punished? there are some cases which arent fair to anyone like the one I presented.
There are some things the staff has done to keep skilled players from going to a beginner server under a alt, there is a tc transfer were you must have a certain qi level to transfer tc. It was at one time brown belt but that idea was rejected and the needed qi lowered. Admins also USED to ban people with excessive alts. Im unaware if that is still done. I admit its unfair but you really cant do anything, try going to servers like tourney's were everyone is welcome, or just plain old normal servers.

No point punishing them, you only get a tiny bit of TC from playing as compared to betting or merchanting etc.

You are punishing people for making probably less than 1k an hour, when an artist can easily make more than 100 times that... Even betting you will make more than that.

When I used to play I would fight veb a lot, it was really fun. Fighting experienced people is why the game is interesting after all.
Just train yourself to beat the higher level. I think alts are normal in other games too. Just do your best in game

Looking forward to find you in game!
doxXxob