Ranking
@Moop
Did some googling on Nunes vs. GDR since I was reminded that they'd fought before. Nunes knocked her out in the first round back in 2013 and going into the fight it was pretty much even money. This time, Nunes is entering as the betting favourite.

In rematches, the winner of the first fight wins again around 62% of the time. This figure jumps to ~78% when the winner enter the rematch as the betting favourite.

By the math, GDR has about a 1/5 chance of winning.

Wanna bet some TC?
------------------------------------------------------------
And yeah Nolan, that Reem cut is just fucking horrific ay

spoilered for gore

Last edited by Ele; Dec 9, 2019 at 08:21 AM.
Originally Posted by Nolanrules View Post
Couldn't believe Fury got up from that shot in the 12th. Man has a gift to suddenly wake up from sleeper shots.

Yeh man, that was some proper Undertaker shit.

I have Fury winning the rematch all day. To your point, it all comes down to whether Wilder can land that hail mary, but if the first fight taught us anything, it's that Fury is the far superior boxer. Now he's got a better feel for Wilder's timing, my money is on Fury all day.

@Ele Oh man, I totally forgot they'd already fought! Well that definitely makes me less confident in my prediction, you gotta think that Nunes has made bigger improvements since their first fight than GDR has. I'll bet on that though, why not. Where the hell did you get those stats by the way?!

Wanna bet sigs again? ;)
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
Originally Posted by Moop View Post
Yeh man, that was some proper Undertaker shit.

I have Fury winning the rematch all day. To your point, it all comes down to whether Wilder can land that hail mary, but if the first fight taught us anything, it's that Fury is the far superior boxer. Now he's got a better feel for Wilder's timing, my money is on Fury all day.

Hahaha that's hilarious!

I agree. Hopefully this time if Fury does continue to school Wilder for another 12 rounds, they'll actually give Fury the god damn fight instead of this bullshit draw nonsense. Boxing needs to stop protecting fighters 0's. Being undefeated doesn't matter anymore. If everyone was really the best in the world, fighting the best in the world, then most fighters wouldn't have a perfect record. We don't care how many y'all fought, we care WHO y'all fought.

Hoping Nunes smokes Germaine as well. After watching Cyborg get terminated, been infatuated with Nunes ever since. Don't really know all that much about GDR. I follow a lot more closely with boxing than MMA.
@Moop
Got the stats from this tipster article, published back in August. So it's outdated by a couple of months, but I can't imagine the percentages have changed much since then.
And yeah, let's do sigs.
----------
Boxing judging is so much more corrupt than MMA judging. I don't envy you Nolan, having to put up with so much bullshit all the time.

That said, Cody Stamann got robbed last weekend. I like Song Yadong (his last name is Ya-Dong), but hell, don't know how any judge could legitimately give two rounds to Yadong unless they were either corrupt or totally incompetent. There's no accountability in MMA judging... I imagine it's the same with boxing? Do they ever get held to account?
If Mcgregor loses against Cerrone he should retire, he hasn't won a fight since 2016. I don't know Cerrone's background, but he has such beautiful karate roundhouse kicks to the head so I wouldn't write him off. But nobody gives a shit about that. People are more interested in Ferguson vs Khabib. Tony chokes out Khabib in round 3, give me my money.
Nah, when you know Cerrone's background you see that this fight is pretty much tailor made for Conor to dominate. He's had 50 professional fights and his tendencies and holes in his game are well established. You just have to pressure him and he cracks. Front kicks to the body and straight punches are anathema to him (these are Conor's specialties (they call his left straight the Celtic Cross)). Conor is an aggressive counter-puncher, meaning he pressures you (pushing you back to the fence, establishing a reference point for him to retreat + counter), gets you to throw a shot and then counters over the top of it. Cowboy has meh footwork and meh ring awareness, I guarantee he'll find himself with his back against the fence early and often. How's Cowboy gonna use his kicks if Conor's right in front of him, not giving him any space? He doesn't. He resorts to loopy punching and gets knocked out - Till, Masvidal, Gaethje, they all crowded Cowboy and did this.

I'll bet avatars that Conor knocks him out in the first 2.

Really dunno about Tony v Khabib. Would have to lean towards Khabib tho.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 12, 2019 at 03:39 AM.
I have been around volkanovski training and I can say that he is an absolute beast. I have seen him go round after round with no breaks against my coach and other UFC fighters of all weights and sizes and he is just an absolute power machine.

Max is also pretty much the goat featherweight but man I'm putting money on my man's Alex volkanovski.

Also Aldo is gonna get destroyed by Marlon and Uriah Faber is gonna get merkd he fluked his last W in my opinion
I apologise for this post.
Oh sikh

You train at City Kickboxing ay? For my research (ahem), how big is Izzy's dick?

Definitely agree that Aldo and Faber are shit out of luck. You seen images/video of Aldo looking like skeletor? He looks like he's about to die.
---------
My housemate and I are dumping 100 dollars each on Nunes to win by KO in rounds 1/2/3. If it goes to a fourth we're fucked. If it happens in the first 3 rounds we make a profit - Bulk money if it happens in the 3rd.

May put $50 on a parlay as well, not sure. Yan/Marlon/Nunes...

Scratch that, we're just gonna do a $100 parlay on Yan/Marlon (win by any method) and Nune's to win by KO. Win $286.

Just wasn't worth it betting on all 3 of those rounds with Nunes and didn't feel comfortable selecting just one round.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 14, 2019 at 04:23 AM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Oh sikh

You train at City Kickboxing ay? For my research (ahem), how big is Izzy's dick?

Definitely agree that Aldo and Faber are shit out of luck. You seen images/video of Aldo looking like skeletor? He looks like he's about to die.
---------
My housemate and I are dumping 100 dollars each on Nunes to win by KO in rounds 1/2/3. If it goes to a fourth we're fucked. If it happens in the first 3 rounds we make a profit - Bulk money if it happens in the 3rd.

May put $50 on a parlay as well, not sure. Yan/Marlon/Nunes...

Scratch that, we're just gonna do a $100 parlay on Yan/Marlon (win by any method) and Nune's to win by KO. Win $286.

Just wasn't worth it betting on all 3 of those rounds with Nunes and didn't feel comfortable selecting just one round.

Yea I do but I'm sorry that's a gym secret...

Yea I'm going to chuck down a few multis, my UFC betting has been pretty shit lately not gonna lie lol
I apologise for this post.