Toribash
Original Post
D&D - Neverwinter

Neverwinter is a free, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game. Epic stories, action combat and classic roleplaying await those heroes courageous enough to enter the fantastic world of Neverwinter!

Story

One hundred years have passed since the Spellplague forever changed the magical and mysterious lands of Faerūn. Mighty empires fell and great cities toppled, leaving only monster-haunted ruins and survivors struggling to rebuild.

The city of Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North, seemed blessed by the gods. While the rest of the Sword Coast was devastated by the event, Neverwinter survived largely intact. But this was only a temporary reprieve from its inevitable doom. Nearly 75 years later, a volcanic eruption rained fire, ash and molten fury upon the city, annihilating everything in its wake.

Today, Neverwinter has restored much of its former glory. Lord Neverember of Waterdeep has taken the city under his protection and put forth a call to all adventurers and heroes of the Savage North to help rebuild Neverwinter in the hopes that one day he can lay claim to her throne and crown. But evil forces conspire in the dark places of the world, seeking to undermine all...

Neverwinter Reborn

Explore and defend one of the most beloved cities from Dungeons & Dragons as it rises from the ashes of destruction. This action RPG set in an immersive MMO world will take you from the besieged walls of the city to subterranean passageways in search of forgotten secrets and lost treasure.

Challenging, Complex, Classic

Epic stories, action combat and classic roleplaying await those heroes courageous enough to enter the fantastic world of Toril and the ruined City of Neverwinter.

Build Your Fantasy

Easy-to-grasp adventure creation tools empower players to add their own tales to the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Bring compelling quests to life and build challenging levels! Share creations with the entire world in-game. Become a part of the existing Dungeons & Dragons universe... Then build a new one.

Forge Your Path to Glory

Encounter dangerous foes and perilous environments. Work strategically with others to overcome nightmares, demons, monsters and beasts of legend.

New D&D, Beloved D&D

Neverwinter is a true Dungeons & Dragons experience, brought to life with the dynamic Cryptic game engine. In the classic D&D setting of the Forgotten Realms, players will explore and defend one of the most beloved cities from Dungeons & Dragons, as it rises from the ashes of destruction.

Races
Neverwinter offers you some of the same customization you would see when making a character in traditional D&D.

Human

Humans are a many varied race, not only in the way that they look, but also in the way they choose to live their lives. They are a very adaptable people, capable of surviving in many different climates. This adaptability allows the human race to excel in most any condition, and while most human adventurers tend to become Fighters or Rogues, some chose to devote their lives to the study of the arcane, or the pious life of the clergy.

Neverwinter began as a human settlement, and now houses many human refugees who fled to the city for protection after The Cataclysms and Spellplague ravaged the countryside.

Racial Traits:
+2 Constitution, Versatile Defense, +2 Stat of your choice.

Half-Elf

Descendants of both human and elven parentage, half-elves combine the best traits of man and elf alike. Many half-elves suffer from a strong sense of wanderlust that prevents them from staying in one place for too long. This makes them natural adventurers, with many finding them to be excellent allies and steadfast friends.

This tendency to seek out adventure has drawn many half-elves to the city of Neverwinter, as they come to the city seeking a new chapter of their story.

Racial Traits:
+2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, Dual Heritage

Elf
The long-lived elven people are a slender, athletic folk who tend to live in heavily wooded areas. They have watched as much of the natural beauty in Faerūn faded from existence, but they do their best to preserve and restore the natural wonders of The Forgotten Realms.

Some elves have come to the city of Neverwinter realizing that without this bastion of humanity, the surrounding natural beauty will soon fall prey to time as well.

Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, Elven Accuracy

Drow

More commonly referred to as Dark Elves, drow have characteristics similar to their elven kin, but can be easily identified by their midnight black skin. A matriarchal society, drow tend to live in the Underdark, where they serve their evil deity, Lolth. However, some drow choose to reject this way of life and flee to the surface of Faerūn, where they seek to show that not all of their kind is inherently evil.

Branded traitors and outcasts by their own people, some have come to Neverwinter seeking acceptance on the surface world and protection from what lies beneath...

Dwarf

The short and stout dwarven race claims to have been hewn from the very rock they call home. They are a strong, hardy and dependable people with deep respect for their ancestors, gods, and friends. An incredibly pious people, they revere Moradin as their creator, but honor the different gods who oversee various aspects of their lives. Dwarves make excellent Fighters and Clerics. For them, there is no greater honor than to stand by and protect an ally in battle.

Many dwarves may be found in Neverwinter, some seeking the wealth to be found rebuilding the city and others the glory and honor of battle.

Tiefling
Burdened by their race’s past, tieflings walk through life haunted by their dark and sinister bloodline. Their devilish appearance has prevented many from earning the trust of their human neighbors. Thus, many tieflings have come to rely on cunning and guile in order to survive, making them excellent Rogues. Their infernal heritage also allows them a predisposition towards magic and many tieflings become powerful Wizards.

Many tieflings call Neverwinter their home, and they will fight fiercely for her and the chance to finally earn the trust of their fellow citizens.

Racial Traits:
+2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, Bloodhunt

Half-Orc
Half-orcs combine the best qualities of humans and orcs, though some would argue that the good qualities of orcs are few and hard to find. From their orc blood, half-orcs inherit great physical strength and toughness. They are fierce warriors, fleet of foot as they charge into battle.

Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution or +2 Strength

Classes
Choose how you want to play!

Great Weapon Fighter

Do enemies not fall quickly enough for your taste? Prefer that enemies bend to your will? Then, the Great Weapon Fighter is the class for you! Play as one in Neverwinter and take on Valindra Shadowmantle to protect Faerūn from harm. The Great Weapon Fighter needs no tricks or illusions in combat, only the sharpest two-handed weapon to end an encounter.

Trickster Rogue

The Trickster Rogue is the main DPS class in Neverwinter. It has a high single-target damage and low AoE damage. It uses a combination of stealth, flanking, and dodging for maximum damage and survivability. This is personally my favorite class. Even if it isn't the most 'powerful', I consistently top the score boards on most damage done and most enemies slain when completing a dungeon.

Control Wizard

Master of Arcane Magic, the Control Wizard is a powerful spell-caster with a talent for stunning and disabling enemies. With abilities to cast powerful elemental and controlled magic, the Control Wizard can expertly assault a target from a distance. By skilfully managing his control effects, he is able to exploit the weaknesses of his enemies. Certainly, a Devoted Cleric can keep your party standing, the Guardian Fighter can go toe-to-toe with a dragon, and the Trickster Rogue can make sure that dragon dies, but the Control Wizard has the power to keep that dragon from ever reaching combat.

Devoted Cleric

Your adventure party will be challenged with obstacles and challenges that test their mettle. Your resoluteness and will to fight are vital to complete the most difficult tasks. The Forgotten Realms will test the strongest fighters – how will you fare? Fortunately, an ally is at your side: The Devoted Cleric. This versatile class is capable of handling any situation your party may encounter. In a support role, their heal abilities are unmatched in Neverwinter. In combat roles, the Devoted Cleric can punish foes with the likes of a seasoned Guardian Fighter. Many enemies have wrongly underestimated the power of a Devoted Cleric – with deadly consequences.

Guardian Fighter

The Fighter has always been the staple adventuring class in Dungeons & Dragons, the big dumb lug with the sword and heavy armor who gets right up in the enemy's face and hits it until one of them dies. Back in the weird old days of tabletop D&D, when classes had racial restrictions, there was no species that was ineligible to be a Fighter. The basic Fighter can take many forms, but in Neverwinter's first public beta weekend, the Guardian Fighter class is your straight-up sword-and-board melee tank. He is capable of dishing out the hurt, but even more capable of taking it and being the last man standing.

User List

Crooked@dexterland99 - Tiefling, Trickster Rogue - Current Level: 35; (Crooked)
Tear@Vanndesdelca - Tiefling, Trickster Rogue - Current Level: 34; (Hyde) Stop copying me, Hyde.

To have your character on the list, please fill out the following application:
<Character Name>@<handler (display name)> - Race, Class - Current Level

Neverwinter - Website
Gameplay can be found here.
Neverwinter - Forums

If I'm missing anything, or if you would like to see the thread changed in any way, feel free to tell/ask me.

Last edited by Crooked; May 13, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
<Spartan094> jcan't into links fck bithse sg mgiet monehy lolololf
Lemme guess, you didn't get past the first couple of quests in blacklake where shit starts to get exciting?
Hoss.
That, and I hated the combat system, abilities, etc.

I suppose I could give it another whirl on a computer that can actually run the game at high graphics.
(also my characters hair was stuck INSIDE the head)
The Curious Whomba, Intruding Your Privacy.
Originally Posted by m0nk3y8 View Post
That, and I hated the combat system, abilities, etc.

I suppose I could give it another whirl on a computer that can actually run the game at high graphics.
(also my characters hair was stuck INSIDE the head)

I doubt you got past level ~7-8 in a couple hours, so you didn't even get to see any of the nice abilities and whatnot.
Hoss.
If it's free, how does it get financed?
I assume through fancy premium accounts that get advantages in combat.
-----
I am downloading it as we speak.
Last edited by Sacrafan; May 12, 2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
nigerian PM
I would play it but apparently someone else has already used my email address and name... I have no recollection of doing this either. WTF.

Never mind, it's a bloody perfect world game isn't it.
Last edited by NinjaVodou; May 12, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak
Originally Posted by m0nk3y8 View Post
Downloaded it last week. Played it for a couple hours. Uninstalled

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Originally Posted by Sacrafan View Post
If it's free, how does it get financed?
I assume through fancy premium accounts that get advantages in combat.
-----
I am downloading it as we speak.

You can buy the founders pack, but that's $200. They don't get that much of an advantage. Sure they get a giant spider mount and a sexy panther companion, but not much that really helps in combat. You can find the foundry pack here.

Originally Posted by NinjaVodou View Post
I would play it but apparently someone else has already used my email address and name... I have no recollection of doing this either. WTF.

Never mind, it's a bloody perfect world game isn't it.

Indeed it is, but don't just dismiss the game before trying it.

Originally Posted by Sacrafan View Post
Password recovery

What'd you mean?
<Spartan094> jcan't into links fck bithse sg mgiet monehy lolololf