Toribash
Original Post
Walking Challenge
Walking Challenge

I've been trying to walk all day. I set the mode so I had room in order to try and walk to Uke. After much trial and error, I learned how to walk a distance, but never got to Uke. With that said, I'd like someone to teach me, and I've decided that holding an event with a prize would be the best way to get some good results and challenge the creativity of those on the forum.

I've attached a few replays showing my own attempts at completing the challenge. Perhaps they will help someone come up with a solution.

THE MODE
  • Sambo.tbm
  • 500 Matchframes.
  • 500 Engage Distance.
  • You may use shift+space (1-frame ahead).

THE GOAL
  • Walk your Tori to Uke.
  • Touch Uke with any part of your body.
  • You may not touch the ground with anything but your feet.
  • You may only use the following joints (everything else must be RELAXED):
    • Pecs (Right/Left)
    • Chest
    • Lumbar
    • Abs
    • Gutes (Right/Left)
    • Hips (Right/Left)
    Usage of any other joints is a disqualification. This requirement is to add a challenge to it.
THE SCORING
  • ---Base Points:---
  • Fluidity: 5 - Is the walk graceful?
  • Speed: 5 - Is the walk fast?
  • Gravity: 10 - Does the walk keep your feet on the ground?
  • Maximum Points: 20
    ---Extra Points:---
  • Stopping: 2 - If your Tori remains standing on both feet until the 500th frame, you've earned 2 extra points.
  • Dismember Uke: 4 - If you dismember any part of Uke before the 500th frame, you've earned 4 extra points. Remember the joint restriction rules apply. You may not grab.
  • Maximum Extra Points: 6
THE PRIZES
Forenote: As of right now, I only have 4k TC. I should soon have more, and therefore these prizes are based off of what I hopefully should have. If not, I will attempt to compensate the winners with items with market value equal to the prize.
FIRST PLACE: 10k TC +

SECOND PLACE: 5k TC

THIRD PLACE: 2k TC

SUBMISSIONS
  • Submit replays using the forum uploader and replying to this topic.
  • No limit to amount of submissions. Create as many unique replays as you want. However, you must choose only 2 that you want to have judged.
  • All submissions will be judged by me and only me. This is a one-man project.
  • Tournament ends on Friday, January 29th, at 21:00 (9:00 PM) GMT. That's 16:00 (4:00 PM) Eastern US/CA.

Note: Please let me know if I'm missing anything. This is the first event I've held and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.
Attached Files
Sin-WalkingRoad5.rpl (57.1 KB, 66 views)
Last edited by Sinistah; Jan 27, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
I tried this, but it's not working. Maybe I'll try again later. Nice comp I guess.
beep
You might want to add the ability to use your knees too. It makes it more do-able.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
i can do this

im in, mut u would rlly want to make ankles allowed

that would make it ALOT easier
Originally Posted by Meamme0 View Post
You might want to add the ability to use your knees too. It makes it more do-able.

Nope. Not yet, at least. If no one can come up with a solution by tomorrow at 9:00 PM GMT, I'll add another joint.
hehe i almost win :0
sup sup, i did it

but i cheated, i used ankles, is this valid, or should i finish my one without ankles
Attached Files
walking challenge.rpl (68.5 KB, 62 views)
Originally Posted by arbiter View Post
sup sup, i did it

but i cheated, i used ankles, is this valid, or should i finish my one without ankles

Unfortunately, it's not valid.
You'll need to make one without use of the ankles.
Originally Posted by arbiter View Post
hehe, i alomost did it, what do u think of that one though,,, any improvments i can make

I thought it was fairly entertaining. Would've given it a 3/5 for fluidity, 2.5/5 for speed, and 9/10 for gravity. There's a slight choppiness to the movements. Beyond that, the initial time it takes to put your head down makes it fairly slow, although the walk itself is very fast. Also, your feet only leave the ground for the decap, which gets you another 4 points. If it were valid, it'd be a 3+2.5+9+4/26, or a 18.5/26, to make it simple.
my new entry, perfectly valed, just as epic, and i stay upright

if not valid, lemme know and i will change it

btw this is an expensive way to learn to walk, you can always go to runners league and learn
Attached Files
Last edited by Arbiter; Jan 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM.