Ranking
Original Post
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
The game might feel different or it might feel similar, I don’t really see why it matters. People understand what you’re saying it’s just not a good point. What would be the point of making a new game if it played exactly the same? Hopefully it will feel better and more intuitive, there isn’t anything wrong with having to get the feel of things again, if anything it’d be a welcome change. They have play testers, play testers who have put thousands of hours into the game, for a reason.

the point of making a new game and it feeling exactly the same is to fix the insane amount of technical issues the game currently has while retaining the feel it should have

i guess i don't understand any positive the game feeling different might have. it will certainly alienate some players and they will stay on older versions of toribash or just quit entirely, and nobody wants to spend time learning how to use every single joint just to perform basic motions so there's going to be barely any new players
Last edited by Derzai; May 15, 2019 at 04:09 PM.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Freeplay is sp

Exactly. You said 'a singleplayer version would be nice' so, since we already have freeplay (a singleplayer version) I thought your idea would be somthing different, like an AI opponent.

Are you instead asking for freeplay to be added to Toribash Next? If that is the case, I don't think it's necessary to ask that as it was probably the first mode to be added. In fact, I think it has already been used in some of the gameplay videos we have seen.

If both of my assumptions were wrong, I really don't understand what you were asking, so can you please explain?
Originally Posted by HAWK152 View Post
Exactly. You said 'a singleplayer version would be nice' so, since we already have freeplay (a singleplayer version) I thought your idea would be somthing different, like an AI opponent.

Are you instead asking for freeplay to be added to Toribash Next? If that is the case, I don't think it's necessary to ask that as it was probably the first mode to be added. In fact, I think it has already been used in some of the gameplay videos we have seen.

If both of my assumptions were wrong, I really don't understand what you were asking, so can you please explain?

for the public to get access to SP version before the whole game is finished.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
for the public to get access to SP version before the whole game is finished.

I suppose that would be quite easy to do and it would allow people to test how the joints work, but I think most people just want to play multiplayer. I think it would be a good idea if it allowed modders to start creating stuff before the game comes out. It would definitely help if the game launched with more than just the current official mods.
Originally Posted by Derzai View Post
the point of making a new game and it feeling exactly the same is to fix the insane amount of technical issues the game currently has while retaining the feel it should have

i guess i don't understand any positive the game feeling different might have. it will certainly alienate some players and they will stay on older versions of toribash or just quit entirely, and nobody wants to spend time learning how to use every single joint just to perform basic motions so there's going to be barely any new players

Why would you not just... fix the current game? Like why would you make a whole new game to fix bugs? I have also spent thousands of hours on this game, specifically because I enjoy using the joints, and learning to use the joints, I enjoy the process, so I can’t say I see a downside to more learning.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
Why would you not just... fix the current game? Like why would you make a whole new game to fix bugs? I have also spent thousands of hours on this game, specifically because I enjoy using the joints, and learning to use the joints, I enjoy the process, so I can’t say I see a downside to more learning.

because u cannot fix the game with this current engine. literally the program itself cannot handle more than like 50 contacts. the game itself cannot handle when a leg is dismembered at the glute and you hold your hip, the shit glitches

and the downside to more learning is the same reason why this game is dying, why spend a year learning how to kind of move in toribash when u could spend 30 minutes learning how to play call of duty or some shit like that? you're looking at this whole thing from the perspective of a toribash player and there are like 30 toribash players left. people that want to spend their time learning something now don't have time to spend years on a game for no reward, they're going to spend time learning something they can use in their real life
So you think that if they just fix the bugs and keep the game exactly the same, that it’ll attract players? Are you that ignorant? A sequel to ANY game has upgraded mechanics, just fixing bugs to a dead game without updating more then just bugs, isn’t going to reach out to old players who’ve left or new ears that might want to try to play, it’ll just keep those thirty players you claim are playing keep playing, that’s it. You clearly don’t know how developing a game works. If people don’t want to spend time learning new mechanics for a new game, stay with the old game, or better yet, just go play call of duty. People spent years to learn these mechanics well and have enjoyed it enough to continue playing, so I do not see why you think that the devs should replicate the mechanics.
Amitabha
Fl0w
either read my post or don't fucking reply lmfao

i've bolded my main points so maybe it will be a bit easier to digest because for some reason nobody can understand me lol

old game with shitty engine = 0 new players, only old players
new game with better engine that feels absolutely nothing like toribash = 0 new players and 30% of old players that think the new toribash feels like a shitty binklawz mod
i'm obviously not fucking saying that fixing bugs will attract new players. i'm saying i really can't see anything that can be done to attract new players.

this game is brutally hard. people don't like hard games that take years of learning. people like easy games that are hard to master. people like games that take maybe a day or two to get the hang of. and most of all, people like games that are rewarding. there is no reward for being good at toribash. if you're good at MP, what happens? you play rng karate with some random retard. if you're good at SP, what happens? you post replays to your thread and bump it 4 times a week for cnc

of course they should add new features lol
i'm glad you think i'm ignorant, and i'm even more glad you completely ignored what i said. a majority of old players probably play this either for dueling or nostalgia. mods are already killing dueling by handling reports terribly/making ridiculous decisions and not supporting usd duels, so what do the nostalgic players have to come back to when this new game comes out? 11 years of replays will not work. 11 years of mods will not work. if you're not playing for either of those 2 reasons you're honestly just using it as a social platform, which discord beats toribash in lol

what do you think people are going to do when this game comes out? the fact of the matter is this game has no value to a new player. you sit in a queue for 5 minutes (in a SMALL server) just to kind of click a couple of joints and get rocked by someone who has an idea of the game. maybe compare this to literally any other game, there is actually nothing as monotonous as that. there is no "WOW i wish i could do that!" when a new player watches someone play abd lol. i really don't understand what you think this game has that will attract any new players at all. what's going to happen is when tb next comes out is a surge of players that say "o yeah i played that like 5 years ago let me hop on" then they will remember exactly why they only played it once and quit. fixing the waiting times is impossible. you can't make the matches go by faster without rushing players and ruining the experience entirely for those playing, but there's not really a workaround for the 5 minute wait time other than maybe adding a minigame or something

you're acting like i don't want tb next to work lmfao
i want to play the game i've been playing for 7 years without feeling like i'm playing a fan-made knock off. it seems none of you would be content with a quality game coming out of this, and that's what i don't understand. why settle for something that doesn't feel like toribash? all the people saying "ye the game shouldn't feel the same... it's a new game..." look at all of the call of duty games that u could fly and shit in lmfao, people fucking hated those because they didn't feel like what they were used to playing.

what toribash next devs need to take into mind are how to get rid of the things that are driving off new players. wait times, extremely toxic community, (i'm pretty bad but that's my point, i'm still here lol) actual hard work to learn how to play. and unfortunately a majority of these problems can't be fixed

Last edited by Derzai; May 20, 2019 at 04:45 PM.
I agree very much with Derzai, Since 2013 I've been just seein toribash going in a spiral down to what the game becomes today, why someone play a game? to get the feeling of being rewared, in 2013 you could play some tourneys (MUCH TOURNEYS, everyone had a mod that it liked and It was about 12 different mod tourney rooms, everyone could get some tc and play it own mod by himself) after taking 1/2 from the servers out, they killed like 1/2 players of it, since 2017 toribash is only degrading
potatoes
Super pessimistic viewpoint, what guarantees the new game will feel like a shitty binklawz mod lmao.

Also if there's no reward, then why did you ever play? What made you do it? Some people like the feeling of progress and it doesn't always have to be artificial. You say things like why settle for something that doesn't feel like toribash, but have you even played tb next? If you have then damn my b you got me, but it's still your opinion.

You just kinda seem like someone who doesn't want change, even if you aren't that's how you seem, I can get it though, people have put time into this and many don't want to start anew.

The problem of the learning curve has always been there, and if people got through it in the earlier days, people will get through it now, hopefully it's fun enough to dick around that people don't get discouraged at not being immediately good.
Saint is not back baby, join easy. Check out my replays http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...72#post8580272 .