Toribash
Original Post
Texture mirroring tutorial.
So i couldn't find any good mirroring tutorial for the people that asks all the time so i decided to make my own tutorial about mirroring.

So here is the different parts, and how to mirror them.

~ This is for biceps, triceps

before mirroring.after mirroring.

Copy top, back, front, bottom
Flip
Paste

PanSowa:
btw if u are mirroring biceps and triceps, u have to mirror it and then cut 1/4 of the wide - 8px, so eg 1/4 from 128 is 32 -8 is 24, so u cut 24 px and move it to the other side ( it works on 128/128 )

hope it helped

~ This is for hands, feets l_pecs, r_pecs, chest, breast, stomach and groin

before mirroring.After mirroring

Copy top, back, front, bottom
Flip
Paste
Copy in and out
flip 180degrees
paste

~ Thigh and legs.

Before mirroringAfter mirroring

Copy one half. (horizontally)
Flip
Paste
Copy other half
Flip
Paste

~Mirroring heads

Copy one half. (vertically)
flip
paste

Copy other half
flip
paste

~Here is a screenshot of how what goes where in toribash

Credits for picture goes to doubledaggr
If you want a closer look press ctrl+mwheel

Here is a video on how to do it

This works the same way in all programs i have used, exept paint.
It works in all adobe programs and gimp (and probably many other programs aswell)

Any suggestion on something to fix/add? post it here.

If you still don't understand a shit, pm me or view this thread.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=124495

Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Thank you so much, I always did a different way.
I did half the picture on photoshop, then copied to gimp and used the Flip tool, then copied back to photoshop and added together.

Thanks, this is way easier.
You biceps and triceps are wrong, I'm surprised I didn't know until I checked today; I've been using the same template you have.

This apparently is the correct one...

EDIT:

Oh ok... Then I was lied to in IRC ...

Off the subject great tutorial; Yay! I was doing it right!
Last edited by JinxZ; Jul 20, 2009 at 03:43 AM.

(>^_^)>
That texture there is incorrect Jinx, Biceps and Triceps have in and out as well since it's a box, when you dismember the wrist, you can see the out texture you put there on the tip, if you dismember the triceps, you can see the out texture for the biceps, similarly, if you somehow distort the shoulder from the biceps, or the elbow from the triceps, you can see the in texture for those. That template you put there was old when there was "lack of knowledge" on these parts.
Real nice, any specific programs we have to use?
RIP ∑
master of the universe
No, as i stated it can be done in all programs exept paint :P because paint can't flip the texture.

And it doesn't matter which of the breast, chest, stomach, groin, l_pecs, r_pecs, biceps, triceps,feet template you use, but i prefer the chest one, because its easier to mirror, because it have a line marking the boneless part.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 20, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Lol.

Is the video link working for you guys? i might upload it to youtube if its nessesary.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Lol.

Is the video link working for you guys? i might upload it to youtube if its nessesary.

here not working..
pls put in youtube..