Toribash
Original Post
Originally Posted by aliosa View Post
Q: Will my Toricredits become obsolete?
A: No, you will be able to use both the Toricredits you got from Toribash and the new Tori Coins in Toribash Next.
Q: Will I be able to use all my current items in Toribash Next?
A: No, but some items would work in both games. Complete list of items will be announced in future.

I'm pretty sure Toricredits will no longer be a thing in Toribash Next, TC is being converted over to Tori Coins.

Rumor has it that mainly 3D items and such of that quality will transfer over, most will not.
Any possibility of multiple fights occurring simultaneously in one server.
(I know there's no word on it im just trying to push this idea).
(But then again who's gonna read this).
-----
Also great video matarika. You're a good person.
Last edited by footlox; Aug 13, 2019 at 03:29 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Footlox View Post
Any possibility of multiple fights occurring simultaneously in one server.
(I know there's no word on it im just trying to push this idea).
(But then again who's gonna read this).
-----
Also great video matarika. You're a good person.

It’s not very likely you’ll be able To have more than 4 people fighting in a server.

But suppose you were to have two, 1v1s happening.

Either the two winning fighters will have to turn
And fight each other

Or the one pair will win as a team.

Either way it will only count as one match. You can’t have two winnable matches in a server
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
It would be great if it could be setup that way.

How i imagined its like 1 server with 1 - 4 dojos spaced out equally. Say the first dojo ended quickly, the game would save the replay for those frames but the tori's and dojo would remain as they are while the other fights continued in the other dojos. An IRL example I've always used to show this is a BJJ tournament (see picture) where there are multiple ongoing matches in the same space.

The benefits to this are pretty obvious but I'll still spell them out:
1. Knock out tournaments would play faster and look awesome as the number of dojos would go from 4 for the beginning fights, then 2 dojos for semifinals, and 1 dojo for the finals.
2. Clan servers would allow friends to play and talk simultaneously without having to wait in long queues.
3. Realistically this could only be applied to official mods like aikido/abd/wushi etc that have dojos that dont take up a lot of space.

matarika - wheter you think this is or isn't possible let me know if you think this is a cool idea

NAGA Tournament

Toribash Martial Artists
You talked about 'Substitutions' mid match. Couldn't that be considered account sharing?
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Originally Posted by HASSAN View Post
You talked about 'Substitutions' mid match. Couldn't that be considered account sharing?

Substitutions is a theory being worked on by hampa, not currently in the game yet but. Yes that would come with the issue of people fighting matches for each other and switching off last second. (Account Sharing)

And it raises questions like who would get the Next Coins/QI the fighter who started the match or ended the match?

So until those things are figured out it'll remain a theory/concept rather a full thing. I'll update you on what he says.

But it is confirmed that a player can leave and come back to their place in a fight. (Unless the match has ran out of frames or someone DQ'd)

How i imagined its like 1 server with 1 - 4 dojos spaced out equally. Say the first dojo ended quickly, the game would save the replay for those frames but the tori's and dojo would remain as they are while the other fights continued in the other dojos. An IRL example I've always used to show this is a BJJ tournament (see picture) where there are multiple ongoing matches in the same space.

1. Knock out tournaments would play faster and look awesome as the number of dojos would go from 4 for the beginning fights, then 2 dojos for semifinals, and 1 dojo for the finals.
2. Clan servers would allow friends to play and talk simultaneously without having to wait in long queues.
3. Realistically this could only be applied to official mods like aikido/abd/wushi etc that have dojos that dont take up a lot of space.

matarika - wheter you think this is or isn't possible let me know if you think this is a cool idea

NAGA Tournament

Interesting idea, the issue is the servers are very fragile things and can break down very easily if forced to handle too much information, (thats why there's an object limit for modmaking) but i'll talk to hampa about see what he says on the idea of implementing multiple match, servers.

Because currently servers can't handle more than 4 people fighting in a match. Even tho there are separate matches happening. if there are 4, two person fights happening in one sever, thats like 8 people fighting in a server, which is problematic.
Last edited by matarika; Aug 13, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post

Interesting idea, the issue is the servers are very fragile things and can break down very easily if forced to handle too much information, (thats why there's an object limit for modmaking) but i'll talk to hampa about see what he says on the idea of implementing multiple match, servers.

Because currently servers can't handle more than 4 people fighting in a match. Even tho there are separate matches happening. if there are 4, two person fights happening in one sever, thats like 8 people fighting in a server, which is problematic.

Okay - even just having two matches (4 players playing) simultaneously would make a tremendous improvement.
Toribash Martial Artists

NAGA Tournament

The only issue that servers would be crashing much more
This idea is kinda great if devs can realize it correctly
I believe it can be done. I believe in hampa
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
" I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN"

"most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am."

By default Hampa is giving you back your items if you ask, as you've worked or purchased them, you're entitled to them, so by losing you QI in Toribash Next you would simply be losing the ability to recognize who is experienced and who isn't. As well as leveling the playing field as far as what Toribash Next Items you can buy. There would be no penalty as far as items. you would "lose" nothing in Next.

Next will have its own items, and have its own gear, locked behind its own Toribash Next QI restrictions, no connection to Toribash QI. It's not being shared between two games.

He IS MAKING an alternate branch in the economy not altering the current one. (TC is a different story)

Items Everyone will have to work for. But if you have God Belt QI going into Toribash Next. That's not fair. you'd be able to have access to Toribash Next God Belt QI leveled items.

Something WILL have to reset, because all items in Toribash Next should be worked for or purchased in the same way they were in Toribash. And if QI is transferred over then that will not be the case.

QI restrictions will be removed for items you already own in Toribash Next. Even if you're a white belt in Next.

This is what Hampa is implying by starting over from white belt, but giving you back your shit you own and worked for.
It will give everyone a blank slate to work up to buying and purchasing NEW Toribash Next gear and items.
But this has no connection to the shit you already own as you will be able to get all that back.

So let me re-word this...

Toribash Next needs to have an ALTERNATE QI progression. This is what i mean by Reset. Not wiping your QI on the original Toribash.

Ahhhh too much effort for this..just reset everything. People stop complaining..I don't understand, do you excpet to get ur items from different alterations of a game..let's say the different versions of counter strike or call of duty. Let's all start from 0, it will be fun.
Your messed up world enthrills me