Ranking
Original Post
Current standalone (non-Steam) Linux-compatible version of game
This is simple:
I use Linux and do not want to use Steam or WINE.
I want a Linux-compatible non-Steam version of this game, in its current version

The existing links I could find give old versions. (4.7 newest)

(If it exists and I just couldn't find it, give me a link)
I am pretty sure that they are trying to avoid Linux version cause Linux is an open source OS that most hackers use, I just don't recommend that
Incorrect, the reason we are keeping away from linux, is simply because we don't have any game developers that can make a linux version possible without steam, steam uses a port, rather than an actual standalone executable rather.
Originally Posted by Ihab7 View Post
I am pretty sure that they are trying to avoid Linux version cause Linux is an open source OS that most hackers use, I just don't recommend that

I don't think you understand Linux.
Instead of my typing a few paragraphs on why are you wrong, I suggest you just 'Google it.'
That is no reason not to have a compatible version.
-----
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Incorrect, the reason we are keeping away from linux, is simply because we don't have any game developers that can make a linux version possible without steam, steam uses a port, rather than an actual standalone executable rather.

So I might as well just use WINE?
Last edited by roboaedin; Sep 28, 2016 at 02:57 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Ihab7 View Post

Urgh, that made my day a little worse... anyway, I'd love to see Toribash Linux get updated...
Originally Posted by Universe View Post

I have a feeling that this is incorrect, if they managed to do it for earlier versions, they should have no issue with later versions right? Is it that they're just too lazy to do it? Or is it because they want people to use Steam over Standalone? Seeing as no standalone was released for 5.2... just for 5.1.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
Linux toribash_replay works without running steam. Is that problem for devs add to this multiplayer feature?
Also apparently in steam version 5.1 is the latest out for Linux users.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 5.2 out? Been a while since i played on windows...
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions