Ranking
Original Post
HyDroPWN is Getting PWNed
Hello I started playing 2/3 days ago, and lemme tell you, I am not great, if anyone knows a good Aikido teacher please link them this, I am looking for one. I am liking Toribash so far and its a real blast!

Steam: theworldsmostaveragegamer (HyDro)

Toribash: HyDroPWN
Welcome to toribash. I would teach you aikido,but there is no toribash game app out yet. I don't have a computer right now. I wish you the best of luck!

Buck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't teach, but I'm more than willing to offer tips.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
I don't teach, but I'm more than willing to offer tips.

I have a teacher, but do you have any tips on balance?
To start out and not fall, just press c and hold all. That would keep you a couple more frames off the ground. When trying to stay in balance, don't mess too much with glutes if you don't know what they do well. I don't suggest contracting knees unless it's the only way of saving you from DQ. Contracting hips can also cause you to fall, as well as extending ankles.
Creati0n is the WORST Smite player EVER
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
To start out and not fall, just press c and hold all. That would keep you a couple more frames off the ground. When trying to stay in balance, don't mess too much with glutes if you don't know what they do well. I don't suggest contracting knees unless it's the only way of saving you from DQ. Contracting hips can also cause you to fall, as well as extending ankles.

Lol, I know that... But I play Aikido so holding all isn't that helpful.
You may say it's not, that matters on play style I guess. I am a dueler and pretty experienced in this game. I personally hold all after my opener, just to see what my opponent is trying to do. I then just counter it and it works most of the time. I have done this in huge duels I have done and yes, it works. Most newer players say a relaxed style is always better, which is not the case in most situations. Actually holding all helps more with balance than anything. You can just clap with contracted wrists and grab with everything else held, and there you have balance and a grab trade with your opponent.
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
You may say it's not, that matters on play style I guess. I am a dueler and pretty experienced in this game. I personally hold all after my opener, just to see what my opponent is trying to do. I then just counter it and it works most of the time. I have done this in huge duels I have done and yes, it works. Most newer players say a relaxed style is always better, which is not the case in most situations. Actually, it helps more with balance than anything. You can just clap with contracted wrists and grab, and there you have balance and a grab trade with your opponent.

I used to play hold all until a custom belt told me not to lol so idk.

btw I bet I know a worse Smite player than that person
Belt doesn't mean much, some custom belts have less games played than me because of a Qi purshase. Holding all first or second turn while noob clapping is the opener of some of the highest skilled players in this game. Whoever said that probably wants you to start balancing in a relaxed mode, which is quite difficult for someone that started playing a week ago, not saying that is bad, but to learn the fundamentals of balance in multiplayer, you will most likely have to start out like that.
I'd say it depends Toxic. A mixed Relax and hold style works excellent, from my experience.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.